News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[PC] OneShot - "Niko and the World Machine" by Francesca Minasi

Started by Zeta, June 28, 2023, 11:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

I am not familiar with this game, but it seems this track was not in the original 2014 release (old album on Bandcamp https://nightmargin.bandcamp.com/album/oneshot-ost-old). Yes, splitting hairs lol, but just update the year to 2016. Also, add the publisher Komodo to the credits. We try to keep the game/track info as accurate as possible, both for release dates and for the companies involved.

• There's a higher octave F in m11 beat 1, could add above the current one
• Hearing m29 RH a little differently:

• m36 the G# in the LH leads into an A that's one octave higher than the one on beat 2.0. Could put it in the RH below the F# though.

• I don't feel like the optional ending has much purpose. The notes are the exact same as the repeat measure just with an extra fermata, maybe you could either add some chord notes or maybe use a rit.? Does this loop end like this in game? Otherwise I would delete it and just have m48 be the only measure and have no separate repeat endings. I'm personally not the biggest fan of doing optional endings on this site especially for game tracks that just repeat, but don't let my biases curb your enthusiasm as we do allow them. I just think it would be good for an optional ending to have a little more variation.

Francesca

QuoteI am not familiar with this game, but it seems this track was not in the original 2014 release (old album on Bandcamp https://nightmargin.bandcamp.com/album/oneshot-ost-old). Yes, splitting hairs lol, but just update the year to 2016. Also, add the publisher Komodo to the credits. We try to keep the game/track info as accurate as possible, both for release dates and for the companies involved
Understood. I didn't know whether to put 2014 or 2016 since I was told to just put the initial game release, but I changed it to 2016 now, and I also included the publisher in the copyright.

QuoteThere's a higher octave F in m11 beat 1, could add above the current one
Hearing m29 RH a little differently
m36 the G# in the LH leads into an A that's one octave higher than the one on beat 2.0. Could put it in the RH below the F# though
These have been fixed.

QuoteI don't feel like the optional ending has much purpose
With the pedal being used throughout the entire track, it's difficult to understand how long the notes are supposed to last. Since in the first repeat the song loops smoothly, while at the end of the track the notes clearly stop while still keeping the reverb, I thought I could put a fermata in the second ending just to clarify that the song was not supposed to repeat again and that the final notes may have to be held for a little longer when the track ends. In the game though, the track just loops around seamlessly. After thinking about it I decided to remove this optional ending, as almost all of the soundtrack does the same thing with other tracks that, in the game, loop without an end.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Francesca on July 18, 2023, 12:11:59 AMUnderstood. I didn't know whether to put 2014 or 2016 since I was told to just put the initial game release, but I changed it to 2016 now, and I also included the publisher in the copyright.
No offensive to Static, I did look at the soundtracks though and this song was new in the 2016 release of OneShot. We've been doing this updated soundtrack/game release date consistency with others such as Deltarune and Minecraft as chapters or updates come out with new OSTs.

Other fixes look good, on the subject of the ending, I think it's also fine to just do what you have now because the performer is most likely going to finish their performance at the end of the second loop anyway. There's not a need to just add a fermata, as I could see the performer is probably going to hold the notes and let the sound carry with the pedal.

Accepting!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot