News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Bamboo Island" by Cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, August 31, 2022, 05:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Console: Wii
Title: Bamboo Island
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

soothing vibes

-In every measure on beat 1, there's a Gb in between the hands too (making it an Abm7 chord). It probably fits best in the R.H. when it's not playing the melody, and in the L.H. in all other cases. For this reason, it could be nice to add the octave above the bass note in beat 2 in the L.H., so the L.H. keeps playing for note chords.
-m3, 5, 9, 11, 12 and 13: I think I'd prefer having the Db in this chord voiced an octave higher in the R.H., instead of the L.H. There should be enough space and time for the R.H. to play these Db's. The L.H. can then just keep the Eb like normal.
-m10: The Gb in the R.H. on beat 3 is doubled in the L.h., but maybe you can make this a Bb instead?
-m11: I hear a Db on beat 3.5 in the melody voice too, or did you consciously leave this as a single line?
-m12: Bb in the R.H. on beat 3 should be an Ab.
-m14: I also hear a Bb in the melody voice in beat 1.5

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on September 04, 2022, 11:13:36 AM-m11: I hear a Db on beat 3.5 in the melody voice too, or did you consciously leave this as a single line?
-m14: I also hear a Bb in the melody voice in beat 1.5
So I have a suspicion that these are just harmonics, resulted from the recording/mixing/instrument and I didn't want to include them because of that..

Updated.

Bloop

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 04, 2022, 04:58:16 PMSo I have a suspicion that these are just harmonics, resulted from the recording/mixing/instrument and I didn't want to include them because of that..
These, as well as some octaves, are below the notes though, which shouldn't be how harmonics or overtones work (assuming you meant those).

You could still choose to leave it as is to emphasize the melody more, so I'll approve either way!
You cannot view this attachment.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on September 05, 2022, 08:52:39 AMThese, as well as some octaves, are below the notes though, which shouldn't be how harmonics or overtones work (assuming you meant those).
Ah, yeah I suppose that wouldn't happen like that 💀 I'll still leave them out to emphasize the melody, though

Maelstrom

Only a few quick things:
-m10 LH - Hearing the b3 chord as a Gb-Db-Gb instead of the chord you have now.
-m12 RH - Hearing b1.75 as a Db instead of a Bb

That's it, nice sheet

cashwarrior1

Maelstrom

Zeta