News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[ARCADE] Battle Garegga - "Stab and Stomp!" by Libera

Started by Zeta, June 18, 2022, 04:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Battle Garegga
Console: Arcade
Title: Stab and Stomp!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Bloop

Spoiler
[close]

I don't have that much to say about this, except for maybe changing the C#'s in the R.H. of m28, 32 and 36 to Dn's? I believe I hear them there too like in the first section. I also don't think I really hear the C#'s and Dn in the R.H. of m1-4, but maybe that's just me :p

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on July 15, 2022, 11:43:53 AM
Spoiler
[close]

?

Quote from: Bloop on July 15, 2022, 11:43:53 AMI don't have that much to say about this, except for maybe changing the C#'s in the R.H. of m28, 32 and 36 to Dn's? I believe I hear them there too like in the first section. I also don't think I really hear the C#'s and Dn in the R.H. of m1-4, but maybe that's just me :p

The C#s in the RH of 25+ are meant to be from the ... synth thing that comes in at bar 21, which doesn't ever change pitch.  Since the Dns are already in the bass I didn't feel like they needed to be added to the RH and would make a bit more awkward/scrunchy than it needs to be.

With regards to the opening, I think I can hear the C#/Dn but I think it should change in bar 3 rather than 4, so I edited that.

New files up!  Thanks for checking!

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on July 15, 2022, 12:34:10 PM?
oh oops used the wrong link
It's an animation of a dancing blooper I usually post when there's a bop like this submitted haha
Spoiler
[close]

But looks good then, I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Static

• RH beaming is inconsistent between places like m6 and 8.
  • m28/32/36 RH: I also think the C#s here should be Dns. It's the same synth part as m5-20 RH, and you even wrote it mostly the same. I know you said the C#s in m25 RH are from that other synth voice, but the C#s are also in that upper part as well (you put them in m5-20 too).

Libera

Quote from: Static on July 24, 2022, 12:00:39 PMRH beaming is inconsistent between places like m6 and 8.

Whoops, fixed.

Quote from: Static on July 24, 2022, 12:00:39 PMm28/32/36 RH: I also think the C#s here should be Dns. It's the same synth part as m5-20 RH, and you even wrote it mostly the same. I know you said the C#s in m25 RH are from that other synth voice, but the C#s are also in that upper part as well (you put them in m5-20 too).

I want the constant C#s to mirror the new synth part that is constantly playing C#s (this part isn't at all in 5-20).  The idea is to get across this new unrelenting sound with the repeated C#.  That, and the new rhythms, are the only way of distinguishing 25-40 from 5-20.  I don't really want to change this.

Thanks for checking.  Files updated.

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot