Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Colosseum
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Colosseum Battle Round Intros
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kricketune54

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Per the game's title, there are colosseums you must farm XP do battle in.  Each Colosseum challenge you do consists of 4 battles, but each of the battle themes originate elsewhere in the game (excluding the Round 3/Semifinal Battle music)

Each Colosseum Battle Round has its own introductory fanfare, which are short little pieces about 4-5 measures long.  Given how short they are, I combined them into this sheet on one page.  GilvaSunner had originally listed these as separate tracks named as Colosseum Battle Round 1, 2, 3, and 4 Intro, but I am naming it as "Colosseum Battle Round Intros" because I don't like "Colosseum Battle Round 1-4 Intros" personally.

Weirdly I couldn't find any individual uploads of these tracks, so I took the liberty to post these unlisted videos of Gilva's original stuff.

Not much to say about this arrangement as these are pretty straightforward tracks.  Only thing is in the second bar of "Round 4", I bumped the half note layer up an octave from what it originally is.

Round 1
Spoiler
[close]

Round 2
Spoiler
[close]

Round 3
Spoiler
[close]

Round 4
Spoiler
[close]

If anyone was curious this is how a Colosseum challenge plays out, music and all (time stamps are for the round intros):

Bloop

ah yes the xp farm

-Since all of these have their own ending bars, it looks a bit nicer to hide the cautionary key and time signature changes (you can hide them with the measure tool: double click the bar and check "Hide cautionary clefs, key and time signatures")
-Round 2 and 4 have a little bit slower tempo (q=92 instead of 96). Regardless, it's probably best to add a tempo marking to each round, since they're all technically different pieces.

Round two:
-that's some veeery sussy rhythm grouping in the R.H. of m1 :p (beat 2 should be quarter tied to 8th)
-m2: The tie in the L.H. on beat 2 can be flipped, as well as the placement of the staccatos in beat 3.5-4.5
-m3: The staccato placement in the R.H. on beat 3.5 can be flipped too
-m5: Maybe you can add the E on the first note of the tremolo as well?

Round 3:
-m1: The four 8th notes in beat 3-4 should be beamed together (instead of 2+2), like you have in the rest of the piece.
-m3: I hear this in the L.H.:
You cannot view this attachment.

Round 4:
-m2: I hear F's under the A's in the R.H. in beat 3-4. Also, in both L.H. and R.H., beat 4 should be a triplet quarter + 8th (instead of a dotted 8th + 16th)

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on April 08, 2022, 11:26:46 AMah yes the xp farm
Yes yes though the idea is to be able to do a sort of piano suite where you play these before each of the associated battle themes haha

Quote-Since all of these have their own ending bars, it looks a bit nicer to hide the cautionary key and time signature changes (you can hide them with the measure tool: double click the bar and check "Hide cautionary clefs, key and time signatures")
Was not aware how to do this, thanks!

Quote-Round 2 and 4 have a little bit slower tempo (q=92 instead of 96). Regardless, it's probably best to add a tempo marking to each round, since they're all technically different piece
I can't quite remember how I made the q=96 for all of them, but it might have been out of laziness.  What do you find is a good way to count tempo for such short pieces?  I also did not include the "Regale" flavor text beyond the first piece, but I will include if that is preferred.

Round two:
Quote-that's some veeery sussy rhythm grouping in the R.H. of m1 :p (beat 2 should be quarter tied to 8th)
-m2: The tie in the L.H. on beat 2 can be flipped, as well as the placement of the staccatos in beat 3.5-4.5
-m3: The staccato placement in the R.H. on beat 3.5 can be flipped too
-m5: Maybe you can add the E on the first note of the tremolo as well?
Fixed / Added

Round 3:
Quote-m1: The four 8th notes in beat 3-4 should be beamed together (instead of 2+2), like you have in the rest of the piece.
Oh weird didn't stand out I would've thought Finale would've done that automatically

Quote-m3: I hear this in the L.H.:
Okay fixed this! 

Round 4:
Quote-m2: I hear F's under the A's in the R.H. in beat 3-4. Also, in both L.H. and R.H., beat 4 should be a triplet quarter + 8th (instead of a dotted 8th + 16th)
Ah, thought that might've been the rhythm at first.  Fixed and added the F's.

Updated and made one small additional change.  Instead of starting at Forte in Round 4, it now starts at mf but goes to f for m3 and on.

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 10, 2022, 09:32:33 AMWhat do you find is a good way to count tempo for such short pieces?
I just do the same thing as when I'm counting the bpm for any other piece, but just with being extra careful I don't start too fast or too slow.

Everything else looks good! You could probably also flip the beams in round 4 m2 R.H. beat 4, since there's no notes underneath anymore, but aside from that I'll approve!

Kricketune54

Thanks!  Actually instead of flipping that I'm just going to extend the C in the lower layer to being a half note, I think I might've changed that on accident with the last edit (I usually make multiple versions of my files to track changes  :))

Static

Yeah I'm not finding much to say here... This looks really good. I'd maybe put slurs or tenutos over beat 3 of Round 2 m2 RH, and beats 1 and 3 of Round 3 m2 RH, so it's more obvious those should be played longer.

Kricketune54

Thanks, I think both of those spots make sense to have some form of notation - I have opted for tenutos

Static

Zeta