News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[MUL] NieR: Automata - "Faltering Prayer (Starry Sky)" by Libera

Started by Zeta, April 04, 2022, 01:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Drakengard/NieR
Game: NieR: Automata
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Faltering Prayer (Starry Sky)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

XiaoMigros

This is really pretty (track and the sheet, I enjoyed reading along). There is hardly anything to be improved on here, so here's some nitpicky words from me:
  • For measures 25-26 it might be helpful to write the notes played by the LH in a second layer, or to use brackets or something similar, to show a clearer distinction as to what notes are played by each hand
  • Maybe you could simplify the ottava in the RH so it doesn't appear over every system, one does get the idea after a while lol.

Libera

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 06, 2022, 11:03:28 AMThis is really pretty (track and the sheet, I enjoyed reading along).

Thanks!

I think it's very clear which notes you are meant to play with the left hand in 25-26 so I don't really see the need for adding in additional notation there.

I guess I could hide the 8va, but I haven't done that in the past on similar sheets because it's not like we're short on space.  It means you're less likely to make a mistake if you started playing further down the page, for example.  If we were short on space, then I'd be much more likely to hide it here.

Thanks for having a look though.

Latios212

Looks great! The only thing I have is - m. 14 beat 4 sounds like it should be an octave.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Well, I'm not finding anything to say here... This looks really good. I'll accept

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot