News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [SW] Octopath Traveler - "Main Theme" by RetroCharmander

Started by Zeta, December 02, 2021, 08:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Octopath Traveler
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: RetroCharmander

Bloop

Hi there, welcome to NinSheetMusic! If you didn't know already, two updaters will take a look at your sheet to point out errors in notes and formatting. I'll be one of the updaters for this sheet!

Before I get into the detailed stuff, there's some formatting things that we need to address first. If you use Finale Notepad, some of these are things you can't fix by yourselves. If you're in the discord server, you can ping the @Finale Helper for help in the #help channel, or you can just leave a reply in this topic.
-Make sure the formatting for the text boxes conforms with these guidelines.
-Finale standards to writing an abbreviated instrument name before each system that isn't the first, but we don't need that for our solo piano sheets. In Finale, you can delete these with the Staff Tool You cannot view this attachment., right-clicking the abbreviated instrument name, click "Edit Abbreviated Group Name...", and just delete the "Pno. text" (and click on Ok of course).
-You can also delete the 'Score' text box in the top left corner of the first page.
-Make sure to read through this help guide for some tips on how to improve the text alignment and page margins. Most people use a smaller margin for the left side of each page (because we deleted the abbreviated instrument names). Also, some text boxes like copyright and measure numbers are currently outside the margins.
-I'm seeing a lot of rhythms like the one in the right hand in m9: these need to be written as dotted quarter note - 8th note tied to quarter note - quarter note. Look at this help guide to learn why.
-For dynamic markings, you don't have to put them in both the right hand and left hand if they're the same: you can put them in the middle of the two staves instead. If both hands use different dynamics, they go outside the staves (so above the right hand and below the left hand).
-Make sure there things don't clash with each other. For example the tie in m11 beat 3 which clashes with the notes, or the decrescendo in m17 which clashes with the right hand notes.
-There are a few places that aren't playable for human hands, like the first few notes in m33 and most of the left hand in page 3 and 4. Try to avoid using wider intervals than an octave or a ninth (octave + second). A tenth (octave + third) is an edge case, but an 11th (octave + fourth) is only playable by a select few people.

Bloop

Latios212

I'm going to archive this one for inactivity. Feel free to resubmit if you get a chance to make changes, and let us know if you need help :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle