Rubikium's Colour Project Sheets

Started by Rubikium, July 22, 2021, 07:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Red Streamer Battle
The rest of the changes look good! Here's some stuff for the fanfare:

- There should be a bass pickup before it. Adding a measure would be fine since it's an optional ending anyway, and you could even make the added measure a pickup within the piece (i.e. be a 1/4 bar with the time signature hidden).
- Adding an E to the chord on beat 2.75 might be a good idea, since it's a Cmaj chord there.
- The melodic line you have transcribed is the sax voice, which I also hear as the main voice. But the first note should be a D (below the staff) instead of B; the B is played by the flute.
- The bass starting on beat 3.25 goes down, not up. It doubles the RH.

I can help you with the accidental stuff in m22 and the time signature stuff after the rest of the changes are made.

Rubikium

Quote from: Static on September 27, 2021, 06:43:42 AM- There should be a bass pickup before it. Adding a measure would be fine since it's an optional ending anyway, and you could even make the added measure a pickup within the piece (i.e. be a 1/4 bar with the time signature hidden).
Adding a measure in Notepad changes the system spacing to default, so it needs to be adjusted back. Also, I would like to add a hidden 1/4 time signature but can't do so in Notepad. Please help me fix these.

Quote from: Static on September 27, 2021, 06:43:42 AM- The melodic line you have transcribed is the sax voice, which I also hear as the main voice. But the first note should be a D (below the staff) instead of B; the B is played by the flute.
Since most of the other streamer battle clear theme has that B note in the melody, I would like to keep that in. So I added the D note under the existing B note.

Static

Red Streamer Battle
Changes look good, made those last few edits for you and am now accepting.

Feedback for Rainbow will come shortly...

Static

Rainbow Across the Skies
  • m2 LH: The arpeggio marking could be moved a bit closer to the note, it's almost touching the rest. Actually, it might be better to just move that dotted 8th note to the right just a bit.
  • m13 RH: Layer 2 stem is touching the LH notes.
  • m17 RH: The lower flute voice continues here:
  • m29/31 LH beat 3.5: The E should be moved up an octave. Bloop already mentioned 29, but it happens in 31 as well.
  • m31 RH: The saxes split into harmony here, similar to the flutes in m11 (the lower voice is F#-G-A-A, I believe). You could write that out if you want, probably sacrificing the 2nd Layer to do that, or just leave it.
  • m50 RH beat 3.5: You're missing a melody note (E) here.
  • m53-58 RH: The 8th notes in this brass melody are noticeably staccato compared to everything that came before it, might be worth notating that.
  • The slurs at the top of Page 3 are quite close to the top margins/text, but there's room to move all the systems down.
In the project folder, you'll find a fresh copy with all the formatting changes made. You should be able to make the rest of the edits I think, but if you need help lmk

Rubikium

Done all the remaining edits mentioned, except that I left m.31 as is.

Static