[DELETED] [MUL] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team &amp Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - "quotFros

Started by Zeta, April 14, 2021, 03:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Frosty Grotto
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: PokéMaster

PokeMaestro

Is that a defect? The title shows components of a source code...

However, here's the original. I wasn't sure if G minor is the right key because the piece almost only consists of diminished chords... Let's see.

cashwarrior1

Good, you used Bespinben's video lol.

Some things I picked up on
  • Starting in measure 5, you have a tied eighth note into the next measure with a staccato. If there's a staccato on it, then it shouldn't be tied since it's gonna be short anyways
  • At measure 9, you chose to notate the echo effect, but you didn't do it for the staccato off beats earlier (?) any reason why?
  • I don't think it's necessary to put both the eighth note and sixteenth notes in the rh for measure 9, since it's just a repeated note and not a unique phrase being brought out of an arpeggiation or something. Even if you did want to make it clear that it's a separate voice, I would make the sixteenth notes small and beam the eighth notes together
  • The held notes in the lh that were meant to represent the strings starting in measure 1 continue through measure 9 even though that line isn't played anymore in the original. Instead, the off beats are more fleshed out chords and I think you should take the held note and make them play along with the off beats
  • Measure 20 beat 4 in the rh is a chord that can't reasonably and comfortably be played, I would remove the lower C# (and maybe remove the C# for beat 3, it's a litte unnecessary)

Also, the systems look a little cramped and there's only one system on the last page. I think you might need to move things down from pages 3 and 4 so there's 4 per page and 3 on the last one.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I'm going to archive this one for inactivity.  Feel free to resubmit when you've had the time to implement cashwarrior's feedback.