News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Minish Woods" (Replacement) by Cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, May 27, 2021, 05:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Minish Woods
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

• m6 RH beats 1-2 should be beamed together. Finale is really weird when you try to add grace notes in the middle of a beam like that, so just press "/" on the selected note to beam it to the previous one.
  • m8 LH beat 2 sounds like an Eb instead of F.
  • m9 RH beat 2.5 should have a grace note like in m6.
  • m10 LH beat 2.5 should be F instead of G.
  • Maybe put slurs over the tied notes in m14-18 LH to match the accompaniment in m3-10.

Great sheet, nice to see a replacement for this one.

Edit: Also, Capcom and Flagship should be added as developers - Nintendo is just the publisher.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Static on May 30, 2021, 07:40:50 PMm10 LH beat 2.5 should be F instead of G.
I'm assuming you mean beat 2 LH. I hear that measure the exact same as measure 6.

Updated.

Static

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 31, 2021, 05:38:08 AMI'm assuming you mean beat 2 LH. I hear that measure the exact same as measure 6.
Oops yeah that's correct.

For m8, I meant that beat 2 LH should be Eb. It goes G-F-Eb-G, not G-Eb-F-G. Everything else looks good

Latios212

Couple other small things aside from Static's above comment:

Quote from: Static on May 30, 2021, 07:40:50 PMMaybe put slurs over the tied notes in m14-18 LH to match the accompaniment in m3-10.
I don't think that really makes much sense to slur a note to the same note that follows it here (m. 9-10 and 14-18).

- The high C in m. 14 sounds like it should be sustained the rest of the measure
- m. 14 is quite a stretch to hold down the low C while playing the upper C and En - don't think everyone will be able to do that. I think it'd be fine if the performer used pedal if needed so I don't think this must be written differently - just something to think about
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2021, 11:52:34 AM- m. 14 is quite a stretch to hold down the low C while playing the upper C and En - don't think everyone will be able to do that. I think it'd be fine if the performer used pedal if needed so I don't think this must be written differently - just something to think about
Yeah. I know that I can play it, but I probably would use pedal there anyways, too.

Updated.

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2021, 11:52:34 AMI don't think that really makes much sense to slur a note to the same note that follows it here (m. 9-10 and 14-18).
This is getting into kinda nitpicky territory I realize, but there's nothing inherently wrong with slurring into the same note - if a note should be connected to the following one it should be notated that way. I know slurs can often be mistaken for ties, but in this case there's already a tie in all those spots. Perhaps just add a tenuto to those notes if you don't want a slur?

Latios212

Quote from: Static on May 31, 2021, 12:22:25 PMThis is getting into kinda nitpicky territory I realize, but there's nothing inherently wrong with slurring into the same note - if a note should be connected to the following one it should be notated that way. I know slurs can often be mistaken for ties, but in this case there's already a tie in all those spots. Perhaps just add a tenuto to those notes if you don't want a slur?
I can see why you might want that, but in my opinion slurs look extra weird here because the slur has a sloping contour when the notes aren't actually moving up and down.

Up to Cash though what you want to do with it? I like tenutos

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2021, 12:33:11 PMI can see why you might want that, but in my opinion slurs look extra weird here because the slur has a sloping contour when the notes aren't actually moving up and down.

Up to Cash though what you want to do with it? I like tenutos
I will go with slurs, because looking at the sheet gives me slur vibes.

Updated.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Cool, well I don't have anything else to add here. m8 looks good as well, so I'll accept

Zeta