[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "N's Castle" (Replacement) by braix

Started by Zeta, January 20, 2021, 01:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: N's Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: braix

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

braix

Original:

I made sure all notes were accurate but I took a bit of liberty in the way I arranged it. Was a little tough to get the same organ vibe down while still making sure it was playable so I had to make a bit of a compromise.
While I'm sure all the notes are correct, I'm not confident that the accidentals are as they should be (Fb vs. Enat? Sharps?)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Some fixes I made just now:
- Realigned the gliss marks so the natural signs would be visible
- Trimmed back some of the RH second layer chords so they'd be more convenient to play and read
- Also took out the bottom note of the RH last chord to make it less of a jump
- Changed the trill(flat) to a normal trill
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

Sorry for the wait!

Let me paste a rather old but still handy for reference WIP sheet I start making of this a few years back: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b9if3vu4jegaod/N%27s%20Castle%20WIP.musx?dl=1

A couple of things right off the bat:
Quote from: braix on January 20, 2021, 01:15:33 AMWhile I'm sure all the notes are correct, I'm not confident that the accidentals are as they should be (Fb vs. Enat? Sharps?)
- Key should be D minor (one flat). It wanders around a bit but places like m. 4, 12, 24 drive home D minor.
- Past the first couple of measures (will get to that later), take a look at the context after you've shifted to the key of D minor. There are some pretty clear corrections you can make - for example, you have G and D in m. 10 so it makes sense to spell the Cb as a M natural to make a G major triad. In measure 12 descending F-E-D would make more sense than F-Fb-D for a simple descent. Give this guide a read and that should solve a lot of your problems.

Now, the intro. It consists of a lot of tritones, so don't freak out too much about the spellings there yet. I'm hearing something a bit different then what you wrote for the first measure in terms of the contour - I wrote in parallel tritones that go up and down and I'm having a bit of difficulty trying to match up what you wrote with the original, and I'm not sure the changing intervals sound right. Also, I'm fairly certain m. 3 is an A7b9 chord.

Peeking ahead at the next section, the LH accompaniment you wrote looks pretty reasonable though slightly awkward at times due to large jumps (I was trying something different out in my sheet but wasn't too sure how much I liked it). Anyway, not a ton to say about it right now but I did notice your bass notes in m. 6 should be Db's (actually C#s) as in the other parts.

Oh, and staccato placement.

Hope that helps for a first round of feedback. Looking forward to getting this one replaced :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Libera

I'm going to archive this one for inactivity.  Feel free to submit again whenever you have a chance to work on it.