Game: SoulCalibur II
Console: Arcade
Title: Hubris
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Renaud Bergeron

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

I submitted the piano version last time; now, it's time for the full orchestral one (which is half as long for some reason).
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Pretty solid, a few things:

• The second figure in m. 1 goes G-A-C-A
  • The E in m. 5 (third note) should be an F
  • The last note (D) of the intro is struck twice.
  • The augmentation dot for m. 11 beat 1 top layer is inside the layer 2 notehead. You could shift things around a bit (can suggest things if you like) or maybe more cleanly remove the overlapping note in the lower layer.
  • m. 44 beat 5 melody is missing an articulation, I think a couple of grace notes (G-A) before the G might be best
  • In some places I'd suggest aligning the rests a bit better with their respective layers. That is to say I think the top layer rests could be lowered onto the staff in m. 11, and for the LH part in m. 26-29 most of them could be lowered a tad when not restricted by the beams.
  • The cresc. in m. 34 should be moved left a bit.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Very nice. A few things:
- On beat 2.5 of m3, the A goes up to and back down from a C quickly, just like at the beginning of m1, if you want to include that. You may or may not also consider including a grace note on the second note of m4.
- This is what I hear for the last beat of m28 RH:

- I hear something similar for the last beat of m29 RH, although I can't tell if it's the same notes or not (maybe an octave higher?) since it's hard to hear. However, I definitely hear two eighth notes there instead of a quarter note.
- In m43 LH Layer 1, was the Bn on the last beat removed for playability? I feel like it might still be doable if you included it.
- Something to consider: Without the percussion, I feel like the LH rhythms in m11-19 make the sheet sound like it's in 12/8 instead of 6/4 until you hit m20+. I'm not sure if it sounds different on piano when someone's playing it live, or if there's a good way to adjust the LH rhythms and/or add notes to put more emphasis on the quarter-note beats. What do you think?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Khunjund

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 01, 2021, 09:53:45 PM- On beat 2.5 of m3, the A goes up to and back down from a C quickly, just like at the beginning of m1, if you want to include that. You may or may not also consider including a grace note on the second note of m4.

Added both.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 01, 2021, 09:53:45 PM- This is what I hear for the last beat of m28 RH:

- I hear something similar for the last beat of m29 RH, although I can't tell if it's the same notes or not (maybe an octave higher?) since it's hard to hear. However, I definitely hear two eighth notes there instead of a quarter note.

Good catch. Those measures are kind of a problem because of overlapping lines, but I tried something nonetheless.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 01, 2021, 09:53:45 PM- In m43 LH Layer 1, was the Bn on the last beat removed for playability? I feel like it might still be doable if you included it.

It's playable , but I feel it makes the low D lose impact, so I cut it out to focus solely on lowest part.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 01, 2021, 09:53:45 PM- Something to consider: Without the percussion, I feel like the LH rhythms in m11-19 make the sheet sound like it's in 12/8 instead of 6/4 until you hit m20+. I'm not sure if it sounds different on piano when someone's playing it live, or if there's a good way to adjust the LH rhythms and/or add notes to put more emphasis on the quarter-note beats. What do you think?

My primary reason for writing this piece in 6/4 is the melody, but the right hand in general usually emphasizes quarter notes.

Thanks for going over it.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Khunjund on January 03, 2021, 11:28:58 AMMy primary reason for writing this piece in 6/4 is the melody, but the right hand in general usually emphasizes quarter notes.
Yeah, I mainly meant, is there a way you could modify the LH a bit so that it emphasizes 6/4 a bit more instead of 12/8? But on checking it again, I think it's fine as is.

Only other comment I have to make is that the rest on m44 LH beat 1 should be moved down until it's centered around the fourth line from the bottom (see https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=11505.msg421318#msg421318). You could also move up the m38 RH beat 1 rest up one notch too, but that's minor and probably personal preference at that point.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot