[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Lurelin Village (Day)" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, June 15, 2020, 04:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Lurelin Village (Day)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Ah nice to see this one get arranged, it's very soothing...
  • Starting at m2 LH: I'd put a slur or tenuto on the bass notes so it's clear they should be played longer than the other notes.
  • m26: Do you want a senza pedale here? You have a marking hidden, but then you have one in m2 for some reason... I think it would make more sense just to keep the one at the end of m25.
  • Some of the grace note slurs look a little strange (m17, 26, 27), you should try to get them to have a similar contour to the others.
  • m28: You can move that 2nd layer rest up a bit.
  • The note groupings are inconsistent between places like m7-8 and m17 (dotted quarters vs tied quarters), but I'm personally fine with how it looks. Up to you if you want to change it.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on June 15, 2020, 08:48:18 PMAh nice to see this one get arranged, it's very soothing...
Yep! One of my many favorites from the game... thanks for checking!

Quote from: Static on June 15, 2020, 08:48:18 PM
  • Starting at m2 LH: I'd put a slur or tenuto on the bass notes so it's clear they should be played longer than the other notes.
  • Some of the grace note slurs look a little strange (m17, 26, 27), you should try to get them to have a similar contour to the others.
  • m28: You can move that 2nd layer rest up a bit.
Got these things. Tweaked some spacing as well around some grace notes (and also unbeamed a few groups of three eighth notes towards the end)

• The note groupings are inconsistent between places like m7-8 and m17 (dotted quarters vs tied quarters), but I'm personally fine with how it looks. Up to you if you want to change it.
I changed measures 8 and 15 so it's more apparent where beat 4 is, it kind of looked odd before... the rest I left as is.

• m26: Do you want a senza pedale here? You have a marking hidden, but then you have one in m2 for some reason... I think it would make more sense just to keep the one at the end of m25.
Actually no... it's needed for those last few measures. I initially wasn't sure because of the staccato notes in 26-27, but they're under the sustained note so I'll leave it as is visually. The performer can decide to release it for a bit there or continue pedaling for that bit. I've moved the hidden marking to m. 2.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on June 16, 2020, 05:34:06 PMActually no... it's needed for those last few measures. I initially wasn't sure because of the staccato notes in 26-27, but they're under the sustained note so I'll leave it as is visually. The performer can decide to release it for a bit there or continue pedaling for that bit. I've moved the hidden marking to m. 2.
This would be a good place for sostenuto pedaling, so that the top note is held and the lower notes can be staccato. It's fine as it is though (and I know many pianos don't have that pedal anyway). I approve.

mastersuperfan

Looking good! Just two tiny considerations:
- Either way works in the end, but I think slurs would be more conventional instead of tenutos for these patterns.
- On beat 2 of m16, do you want to move the high Eb in the LH over into Layer 1 of the RH?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Thanks! I think I'd prefer to keep both as is - the first I think because I wanted to imply a bit of "weight" on those low bass notes and the second because I wanted to make sure the melody F was easily separated from the other layers (a bit awkward to hold the F down while playing the Eb and G).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta