Series: Mario Kart
Game: Mario Kart DS
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Title Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Levi's other submission reminded me that I had wanted to have this one replaced for a while now :P

(Rainbow Road will be the last one to replace from MKDS... working on that one as well but it's a lot trickier as the bass does some weird stuff)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• m21 RH beat 3: No grace note for this measure?
  • m26-27 RH beat 1.5: Staccatos should be on the 2nd layer 8th note here.
  • m28-34: I'd probably put a double bar at the beginning of this part since it's the new section (the Mario Kart theme). You could probably also include some of that piano part in the RH in places like m31.
  • m43 LH beat 3: I hear the 8th note G# as 2 16th notes (Gn to G#).

Latios212

Thanks for checking! I updated the files with those changes.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

• Maybe put the accent in m2 on top of the note instead of below it?
  • Perhaps some courtesy sharps on F# in m16 RH, C# in m25 LH? (And maaaybe m27?)
  • I hear an E under the last note in m26-27 RH (with a brief acciaccatura before it as well).
  • I personally think it would sound fuller and better for piano to harmonize the RH melody in m30-31, m34-m35, m38-m39, m42-43 (my brain instinctively expected there to be harmony when listening to the sheet). There are some harmony notes in the original too (esp in the second half of the section), although they're not that easy to discern.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 17, 2019, 08:15:07 PM
  • Maybe put the accent in m2 on top of the note instead of below it?
It's already on top?

• Perhaps some courtesy sharps on F# in m16 RH, C# in m25 LH? (And maaaybe m27?)
m. 16 sounds good. Not really feeling the other ones so much since they don't immediately follow a natural in the previous measure.

• I hear an E under the last note in m26-27 RH (with a brief acciaccatura before it as well).
Oops yeah, good catch, added

• I personally think it would sound fuller and better for piano to harmonize the RH melody in m30-31, m34-m35, m38-m39, m42-43 (my brain instinctively expected there to be harmony when listening to the sheet). There are some harmony notes in the original too (esp in the second half of the section), although they're not that easy to discern.
Yeah I agree with the sentiment that it feels like it should sound fuller. Oddly enough though it is just a single line melody in the original with the background voice sort of doing its own thing unrelated to the melody making it a bit difficult to add accompaniment. As a compromise I've added relevant harmonies to beat 1 of these measures where applicable, which I think rounds out the sound nicely without detracting from the single-line melody.

Thanks for the help, files updated! :D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Generally looks pretty good.  A few small things:

-You could spread out the whitespace on the first page a bit more as you've currently got quite a sizeable gap after the arranger info and then before the copyright.
-Are you sure about the C# in layer 2, beat 1 of bar 34?  It sounds like it should be a D to me.
-The middle tie on beat 3.75 of bar 21 could potentially look neater, but it's not a big deal.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on November 19, 2019, 02:27:38 PM-Are you sure about the C# in layer 2, beat 1 of bar 34?  It sounds like it should be a D to me.
Oops. There's a B and D there; I'll write in the B instead since D is played on beat 2 anyway.

Fixed with all the above!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot