News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - "Fanfare Collection" (Replacement) by ThatGamer & Zeila

Started by Zeta, September 24, 2019, 03:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Kart
Game: Mario Kart 8
Console: Wii U
Title: Fanfare Collection
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: ThatGamer & Zeila

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Nice choice of arrangement! I don't think many people think about the little fanfares in the Mario Kart series but they're really neat when you delve into them. Anyway, time for feedback:
  • Course Intro: I would put this in Db Major. The last chord sounds more like a cadence in Db to me, even if the Ab is on the bottom. Also, the 3 in the triplet in the RH should be moved over to the left just a little bit.
  • Race Start (Battle): I'd probably put this in D Major. The Gb should be an F# (D9 chord).
  • Race Start (Grand Prix & VS): Title missing the & between Grand Prix and VS. Bass goes down to a Db on beat 1.75, then to a D on beat 2.25, then 2 Ebs after that. The last half note chord (both RH and LH) should be one 16th note later.
  • Super Star: I would put this in D minor. The 2nd 4/4 is not needed. Maybe a slur on beat 4-4.5 of the LH to differentiate it more from the RH.
  • Low Goal Fanfare: Missing grace note on the last chord of the RH.
  • Top Goal Fanfare: Should be in Ab Major.

Some naming things:
  • I was going to comment on the order of the Race Start fanfares, but the way you have it organized I think works better in terms of spacing/visuals.
  • The goal fanfares don't have official names, and while the ones you have work fine, I don't think it would hurt to be more specific. Something like Goal Fanfare (1st Place), Goal Fanfare (2nd-4th Place), Goal Fanfare (6th-12th Place). I don't remember what the places are exactly off the top of my head.
  • Kenta Nagata was also a composer on this OST, so that should be on here. Also, Atsuko Asahi was the sole composer for Course Intro Fanfare, but it's up to you if you want to be that specific about it on the sheet, since the rest are unknown.

Zeila

Quote from: Static on September 26, 2019, 03:33:17 PMNice choice of arrangement! I don't think many people think about the little fanfares in the Mario Kart series but they're really neat when you delve into them. Anyway, time for feedback:
  • Course Intro: Also, the 3 in the triplet in the RH should be moved over to the left just a little bit.
Thanks! For this one, I'm not quite sure how to move the number horizontally. I tried using the tuplet tool to select it as well as changing it to manual placement and neither worked

Quote from: Static on September 26, 2019, 03:33:17 PM
  • Race Start (Grand Prix & VS):  Bass goes down to a Db on beat 1.75, then to a D on beat 2.25, then 2 Ebs after that. The last half note chord (both RH and LH) should be one 16th note later.
I don't hear the D but I'll take your word for it. I changed the Db to a C# though since there's already a D in the RH and it would also get rid of the natural on the following D

• Top Goal Fanfare: Should be in Ab Major.
What's the reason for Ab major instead of G# minor? I'll leave it as is for now, but if it's because reading flats is easier for most people or because of some other reason, then I can change it

• The goal fanfares don't have official names, and while the ones you have work fine, I don't think it would hurt to be more specific. Something like Goal Fanfare (1st Place), Goal Fanfare (2nd-4th Place), Goal Fanfare (6th-12th Place). I don't remember what the places are exactly off the top of my head.
According to this video and this remix I think it's 2nd-6th and 7th-12th, but done

• Kenta Nagata was also a composer on this OST, so that should be on here. Also, Atsuko Asahi was the sole composer for Course Intro Fanfare, but it's up to you if you want to be that specific about it on the sheet, since the rest are unknown.
Since only one of them is known I'll leave it the way it is

Everything else was updated. Oh and just a reminder but after this is accepted, Top Goal Fanfare should be removed. I think I remember asking about it a long time ago and someone said it was better to submit a new one than to do a challenge replacement since it features new material

Static

Quote from: Zeila on September 27, 2019, 08:41:19 PMThanks! For this one, I'm not quite sure how to move the number horizontally. I tried using the tuplet tool to select it as well as changing it to manual placement and neither worked
Ah, my bad, for some reason I thought you could move it side-to-side. But, you should be able to move it downward, past the staccato markings by just dragging it.

Quote from: Zeila on September 27, 2019, 08:41:19 PMWhat's the reason for Ab major instead of G# minor? I'll leave it as is for now, but if it's because reading flats is easier for most people or because of some other reason, then I can change it
I guess in my head, the ending made me think Ab major more. Since it starts with minor and ends in major, and since it's so short, you could really go with either key. I don't think either one is easier or anything. I'd just leave it as is.

Zeila

Quote from: Static on October 03, 2019, 05:13:57 PMBut, you should be able to move it downward, past the staccato markings by just dragging it.
Done

Static

Great! Everything looks pretty good here, so I'll approve.

Latios212

Neato fanfare collection

You could improve the spacing a bit. There's far more space above Super Star than there are between systems for the previous few. There's also more room on the second page to vertically space things out a bit as well.

Race Start (Battle)'s second measure should have an F# below the lone A.

The first measure of Super Star I think would be better with a Db at the end of the LH part as it's chromatically descending to the C. If you want to keep the C#, then the following one should have a courtesy natural.

Goal Fanfare (2nd-6th Place) could just have the left hand in bass clef.

Quote from: Zeila on September 27, 2019, 08:41:19 PMOh and just a reminder but after this is accepted, Top Goal Fanfare should be removed. I think I remember asking about it a long time ago and someone said it was better to submit a new one than to do a challenge replacement since it features new material
Actually I think this would be better to put in the system as a replacement just so the link is preserved. It might not make total sense as part of the update message but on the off chance that anyone has a link to the old fanfare it will still lead them to the right place after we update, instead of an error page.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on October 05, 2019, 09:55:36 AMActually I think this would be better to put in the system as a replacement just so the link is preserved. It might not make total sense as part of the update message but on the off chance that anyone has a link to the old fanfare it will still lead them to the right place after we update, instead of an error page.
That works with me. Everything was updated

Zeta