Series: Final Fantasy
Game: The Final Fantasy Legend
Console: Game Boy
Title: Wipe Your Tears Away
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Note: This song has been remixed multiple times throughout the SaGa series for different purposes
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Flawless transcription as far as I can tell. Though have you given any thought to how this will be performed with the middle layer flip-flopping between hands? Would it be better to provide some cross-staff markings or maybe leave it up to the performer to decide how to split it?

Also I think the "legato" marking can be drawn in closer to the music (to the right of the mp, for instance)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on September 01, 2019, 03:27:18 PMAlso I think the "legato" marking can be drawn in closer to the music (to the right of the mp, for instance)

Noted, but not fixed yet.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 01, 2019, 03:27:18 PMHave you given any thought to how this will be performed with the middle layer flip-flopping between hands? Would it be better to provide some cross-staff markings or maybe leave it up to the performer to decide how to split it?

I originally thought about this and intended to have the performer decide for themselves, but if you guys have different ideas I'm willing to hear them. We could possible take some inspiration from this video (timestamp at 3:23):

But again, I'm also fine with leaving it up to them. Your choice, guys.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 01, 2019, 07:52:01 PMI originally thought about this and intended to have the performer decide for themselves, but if you guys have different ideas I'm willing to hear them. We could possible take some inspiration from this video (timestamp at 3:23):

But again, I'm also fine with leaving it up to them. Your choice, guys.
I personally have no problem reading it like this and deciding for myself what to put in each hand and I in fact may prefer this over something overly prescriptive. Not everyone will agree, though, as to a large extent it's your role to specify how the music is to be played. I don't have much of a preference on this one, but if you decide to leave it like this I think it would be best to at least a performance note that the middle voice is to be shared between hands at the performer's discretion.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on September 03, 2019, 04:01:15 PMI personally have no problem reading it like this and deciding for myself what to put in each hand and I in fact may prefer this over something overly prescriptive. Not everyone will agree, though, as to a large extent it's your role to specify how the music is to be played. I don't have much of a preference on this one, but if you decide to leave it like this I think it would be best to at least a performance note that the middle voice is to be shared between hands at the performer's discretion.

I agree wholeheartedly, performance note added. Legato marking moved, too.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks pretty good to me.  A few things:

-I assume you didn't want to include the echo-y notes on beats 2 and 4 in bars 17, 19 etc?
-The performance note has adequate misspelled.  Also, it might read better to say 'to allow the performer / the player adequate freedom.'  Just my thoughts.

LeviR.star

Libera and I discussed the last two edits over Discord; I corrected my typo in the performance note and re-worded it. Files fixed again!

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot