News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog - "Special Stage" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, December 11, 2018, 06:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Special Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Khunjund

I recommend slurring the staccato notes to the preceding bass note. I know that's not exactly how it is in the original, but I think this articulation would result in a more accurate rendition of that sound for solo piano than simply having a lone staccato note. Personally, I'd also slur the chords in measures 4 and 7, etc., but that's more preference.

If you want, you could have the bass note at its actual pitch when you have alternating bass and accompaniment (e.g. measures 1–3), and only raise it when you have simultaneous chords (like in measure 4). It has a different effect.

I feel like the chord in measure 24 loses some of its impact by folding the bass into the rest of the chord. Maybe you could have the G an octave down, but omit the C? Or maybe arpeggiate the chord? Or maybe have the left hand play a G-F seventh and give the right hand A-C-G, starting from A second line and going up? I'm sure there are other possibilities too.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

Looks pretty good.  I don't think I really know any Sonic music (other than I guess Green Hill Zone and maybe some other famous ones.)

I would like to also suggest slurring the bass notes in bars like bar 1.  Also with regards to the final chord, another option would be to just throw the F up the octave to have the left hand play G A C F.

Also: http to https.

Yug_Guy

Took your guys' advice & fixed up the sheet. Let me know if you think my changes work.

Sebastian

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot