News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - "Investigation ~ Core 2001" by Onionleaf

Started by Zeta, August 18, 2018, 08:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

A few more things from me then we'll be done here.

First is the margins; I prefer them to all be even but there's some leeway if you're considering whole punching. If that's the case, then the margins on each page need to be alternating from right to left on each odd to even page.

Second is the layering from m. 13 to 18; specifically m. 16 where you have the whole note B in the second layer, but the first layer 16th's cell of notes flipped. Just flippy flip them where the staves are right side up and that's it.

Third is articulations and its consistency; on the second page in measures 14, 16, and 18 you'll notice that the rhythmic pattern is almost identical, and is for sure in m. 16, and 18. In m. 14, however, is not. I see that, but the articulation that you have on beat 3 in 16 and 18 have staccato's while the beat 3 in 14 does not. I would prefer this to have a staccato, or if m. 16 and 18 to be just a 16th note. My thinking is that it's not a new pattern so why change it visually?

Last thing is your dynamic placement; In the first measure you can go ahead and place the dynamics along with the hairpin in the middle of the stave. You can't resound the chord in the upper stave so there should be no confusion as to what is crescendo-ing. For m. 4  instead of having the note about the right hand with the hairpin, you can just put on the bottom stave "senza dim." under the lower staff where you have the mezzoforte in parenthesis. You would have to do a little finale magic to have the program perform this correctly. This also means that you can get rid of the mezzoforte in m. 6 also since the previous "senza dim." is notated. Keep the mezzopiano in between m. 6. NOW you can have the mezzopiano in parenthesis in measure 13. Since a lot has happened and we're more than halfway through the song. I would prefer to not have a dynamic under the bottom staff, as per NSM guidelines, but I can't think of a solution in its stead. Maybe Libera can offer her advice.

I think that's pretty much it for now.

Great job so far.

Onionleaf

These are all valid points, thanks! I've made all changes, as well as a couple of other tweaks for consistency and clarification (eg. adding missing slurs and annotating the percussion in the last two measures).

Brassman388

Zeta