News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[GB] The Final Fantasy Legend - "Fight" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, September 21, 2018, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khunjund

Courtesy accidentals are just that: a courtesy. It's like covering your mouth when you yawn: you should do it because it's good practice, not because it's necessary in any way.

For measures 10 and 14, do you not have access to the accidental mover tool, under special tools? You could move the natural without messing with the positions of the beats themselves.

For measure 16, what you can do is place a crescendo under the sixteenth notes leading to a forte in measure 17. It won't fix the Finale playback, but interprets will understand that the sixteenth note line leads into the next phrase and therefore should be closer in dynamic level to the following measures rather than the preceding ones. You could also cut the second layer, if only for that beat in measure 16, or just the Fn, etc., if you find it impractical.

On a side note, is there a reason you haven't changed the G# in measure 3, F#s in measures 3–4, G# in measure 8, and G#s in measures 12 and 16?

Something to consider: in measures 10 and 14, you could write the Bbb as an An should you so wish, since An is much closer to your key signature than Bbb, and, unlike in measures 3 and 4, this note isn't functional.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

Levi, I'm sorry if I've given you the wrong impression.  If you'd prefer it with the simplified lower voice then that's totally fine.  The reason I suggested having a go at putting it in was because you seemed open to the idea not because I thought that the way you had done it was wrong in some sense.

Brassman388

Levi,

I appreciate you being as patient as you are with all these changes, but let me tell you why m. 12 and m. 16 is important to keep the way Lib said.

At this point, you want to keep note movements intervallically. that is, to move from one perfect fifth to another. and to keep those movements visually. There's no better way than the way that Libera has mentioned, and I agree with him. Of course there's the extra accidentals from a natural to a flat in both dyads, but that's a misnomer compared to the clarity that you be getting by heeding her advice.

I don't see anything before the natural'ed C, so best get rid of the courtesy natural in measure 6 isn't really warranted. Just my thought on the whole thing. I'm not sure where the stigma started, but the best route in my mind is to leave it out unless an altered note at least 2 measures before it is different.

I see nothing wrong with m. 10 thru 14. Everything looks in place with the correct accidentals. As with m. 16 and the fortissimo; if that's how the recording has it sounded in dynamic, I'm for it. As far as how the notes themselves are leading into that section, I'll leave that work to Libera.

Overall, how you have it now is completely acceptable from my stance. Those grace notes are fine how they are; those b-double-flats in the grace notes are fine; and the intervallic thing you got going on is fine also. Just change the things that Lib has specified and we'll be in business.

I have no other complaints, yet. Once you get the changes done and Lib gives it the green I'll accept it. Savvy?

Cool, and good work.

LeviR.star

Ok, after reverting the original RH back, I messed around a bit with accents and optional notes in the LH, and (hopefully) fixed all of the accidentals. How does that look?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Brassman388

I looked and listened to it this time round.

I didn't really like the way the B-double-flats worked out, but they work. Fight themes are so finicky sometimes cause of the 20th century style harmonies and movements to make them sound they way they do.

Keep this version.

I don't see any real problems and I saw how in earlier posts the texture in the left hand was a creative choice, which I'm fine of too.

I'll have Lib give one more look and then I'll do one more check then it should be ready, I feel.

Libera

Nice idea with the bass line, I like it.

Looks good to me!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot