News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Air Man" (Replacement) by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, July 31, 2024, 02:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Air Man
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Radiak488417

Appreciate the Matsumae credit on this one haha. I vaguely remembered hearing she worked on this song but didn't know the full story until looking it up now, very cute and funny anecdote (for those curious, here's the context).

-I'm not entirely sure what your intent is with the X notes, were you meaning to imply that they're optional or that they should be percussion? I get that they're toms made with the triangle channel, but I don't think the phrase "triangle tom" adds much useful information to a pianist, and could be a bit confusing. Maybe just "X notes optional" if that's what you were going for?

-m20 RH beat 1: The grace note here sounds more like a 16th on the downbeat to me, but it's pretty subjective.

-Even though it reduces the number of accidentals, the sharp in m20 threw me for a loop when I was sightreading it; I think it could potentially be more intuitive to spell this part with flats and naturals instead. Admittedly this is not my area of expertise, so I'm curious what others' opinions on this would be.

-The exact same tom fills from m29 & m33 happen in m27 and m31, I'd include them there too for consistency's sake.

-Tempo could be moved down a bit.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Radiak488417 on September 25, 2024, 07:39:00 PM-Appreciate the Matsumae credit on this one haha. I vaguely remembered hearing she worked on this song but didn't know the full story until looking it up now, very cute and funny anecdote (for those curious, here's the context).
-I'm not entirely sure what your intent is with the X notes, were you meaning to imply that they're optional or that they should be percussion? I get that they're toms made with the triangle channel, but I don't think the phrase "triangle tom" adds much useful information to a pianist, and could be a bit confusing. Maybe just "X notes optional" if that's what you were going for?
-m20 RH beat 1: The grace note here sounds more like a 16th on the downbeat to me, but it's pretty subjective.
-Even though it reduces the number of accidentals, the sharp in m20 threw me for a loop when I was sightreading it; I think it could potentially be more intuitive to spell this part with flats and naturals instead. Admittedly this is not my area of expertise, so I'm curious what others' opinions on this would be.
-The exact same tom fills from m29 & m33 happen in m27 and m31, I'd include them there too for consistency's sake.
-Tempo could be moved down a bit.

- thanks, I knew I had to include her because not only is that a cute little fun fact, the solo part is a substantial part of the song and in no way a small contribution
- I've used the footnote "triangle tom" in my chiptune Mega Man sheets for some time now. These are written in a way that they can be played with "substitute" pitches, or left out if the performer would rather represent them by stomping their feet or something. Leaving them out entirely would make the bass line feel empty, so that's why I do it this way
- at this tempo it hardly makes a difference, so I'm okay with writing it as a 16th instead of a grace note
- I know a majority of the accidentals in this piece are flats, double flats and naturals, but writing that part without the sharp leaves a lot of clutter that I feel the performer could do without. Just my opinion, of course
- I don't remember my thought process when leaving those out but I'll restore them
- personally, I like where it is

Thanks for the feedback, Radiak! Files are updated.

Radiak488417

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 26, 2024, 04:21:38 PM- I've used the footnote "triangle tom" in my chiptune Mega Man sheets for some time now. These are written in a way that they can be played with "substitute" pitches, or left out if the performer would rather represent them by stomping their feet or something. Leaving them out entirely would make the bass line feel empty, so that's why I do it this way
Ah I didn't realize you'd been using that footnote already. To me it still doesn't really convey what your stated intent with the X noteheads is, it just describes a timbral quality of the original track (which the performer may not have even heard). That being said it's probably worth keeping it consistent with all your other sheets, this is just my personal opinion.