News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Metamyrrh's Aquatic Update Project Sheets

Started by Metamyrrh, June 23, 2024, 04:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metamyrrh

Just one sheet from me :)

[PS2] Digital Devil Saga - "Never Ending Rain"
musicxml

Static

Just a quick comment regarding the title, nothing to do with the sheet itself...

Thoughts on game title simply being "Digital Devil Saga" to help distinguish it a little more, and so it's not unnecessarily long?

Since the early 2010s Atlus has stopped tacking on the SMT label onto its related series in the west, and the titles on NinSheetMusic reflect this e.g. "Persona 3" instead of "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3" as originally titled. Other examples on the site include Final Fantasy IV and VI (II and III originally in the US) and "Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade" (originally just "Fire Emblem"). I think it would help people find the sheet more easily, especially when searching alphabetically.

Latios212

I don't know anything about the game, but according to Wikipedia SMT:DDS refers to the duology of games, so "Digital Devil Saga" for the first game sounds correct to me anyway.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Metamyrrh

Thank you both for the input! I think it is totally reasonable to not include SMT for consistency with sheets from other SMT titles. I updated the original post.

Latios212

Sorry for the wait! It's great to see more SMT representation!

- How about a "con pedale" marking?
- The descending melody at the end of m. 3 resolve on an A at the beginning of m. 4 which is missing in the right hand part.
- I think the second layer notes in m. 5 and 6 could just be simplified to half notes (instead of quarter+rest). The rests should also be lowered a bit so they're not confused with the top layer
- Thoughts about putting the F-D quarter notes in m. 8 in the left hand instead? It'd be easier to read (and probably play, too).
- In the second half o m. 10 I hear the LH go A-E-G-E
- I'd suggest going over m. 12 again and putting some of the harmonies on beat 3-4 into the right hand; the left hand is missing some bass there.
- Any particular reason for writing the RH harmony in m. 10 but not 14?
- Pretty sure I hear an A in the chord in the RH of m. 15 beat 3
- Last eighth note in m. 15 should be B

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Metamyrrh

Thank you very much for the feedback! Everything is updated, except for the last point, did you mean the note in m15 LH beat 4.5? I still hear a D there, not a B. I also added some more dynamic markings.

Latios212

Quote from: Metamyrrh on August 04, 2024, 12:45:47 AMThank you very much for the feedback! Everything is updated, except for the last point, did you mean the note in m15 LH beat 4.5? I still hear a D there, not a B. I also added some more dynamic markings.
Whoops, my bad, I think I meant a G - the same one that plays on beat 3.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 03, 2024, 08:11:32 PM- I'd suggest going over m. 12 again and putting some of the harmonies on beat 3-4 into the right hand; the left hand is missing some bass there.
Looks better, though how about removing the E from the LH beat 4 chord? It sounds a bit muddy down there.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 03, 2024, 08:11:32 PM- Any particular reason for writing the RH harmony in m. 10 but not 14?
How about the B on beat 1.5?

Other things as I peek at this one a second time:
- I think the E isn't present on top of the second chord in m. 8? The melody sounds like it resolves to C here.

If it sounds good to you, I can do the .mus conversion and some visual cleanup after your next revision, before I approve!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Metamyrrh

Thanks for taking a look! Everything should be updated.

Latios212

Alrighty!

Quote from: Latios212 on August 18, 2024, 05:46:08 PMIf it sounds good to you, I can do the .mus conversion and some visual cleanup after your next revision, before I approve!
I've made a few visual tweaks including spacing and dynamic placement. I've finished the Finale conversion and also exported a PDF so you can check that everything looks good. Let me know if anything needs a bit of tweaking!

For the next updater, please make edits directly to the .musx file in the folder and re-export a PDF so Metamyrrh can confirm any discussed changes are implemented as intended. I will leave my approval now! Thank you once again for your patience :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Very limited commentary from me seems to be in pretty good shape
• m3 LH beat 3 the Cn here as I understand is up an octave originally, you could move it back to that original octave and just have it in the RH second voice

Metamyrrh

Quote from: Kricketune54 on August 28, 2024, 02:11:31 PMVery limited commentary from me seems to be in pretty good shape
• m3 LH beat 3 the Cn here as I understand is up an octave originally, you could move it back to that original octave and just have it in the RH second voice
Thank you for looking it over! :) That change sounds good to me.

Kricketune54

Perfect! I accept the never ending rain (it is monsoon season)