News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Fantastic Ike's Aquatic Update Sheets

Started by Fantastic Ike, June 21, 2024, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Ike

Edited an existing sheet and arranged a new one for this project:

Crypt of the Necrodancer - Deep Sea Bass (Coral Riff)

Mario Sports Mix - Koopa Troopa Beach

cashwarrior1

Deep Sea Bass (Coral Riff)

what a funky tune!

• LH m2, 6, 10 b3.75 I'm hearing a Bb grace note pick up to that
  • LH m3, 11 b1 should be C and a D on b1.25
  • LH m4, b2.75 should be Dn and b3-3.25 is Eb-C (also in m8)
  • RH m17 the lower voice should be Ab-Bb-Ab

Latios212

Koopa Troopa Beach

Just taking a peek, but want to mention that having octave chords on the offbeats is really a pain to play. It also doesn't add a lot harmonically, so I would strongly suggest simplifying by using another chord tone for the top note or simply omitting it entirely.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

QuoteJust taking a peek, but want to mention that having octave chords on the offbeats is really a pain to play. It also doesn't add a lot harmonically, so I would strongly suggest simplifying by using another chord tone for the top note or simply omitting it entirely.

I just realized that might be an issue after I submitted, but figured I'd wait to hear back about that before changing.

QuoteLH m3, 11 b1 should be C and a D on b1.25

Not sure I hear this, but changed.

Both are updated.

Kricketune54

• m2 LH beat 4.5 and 4.75 are Bb's
• m3 LH 1. is an Eb, 1.5 is a Fn (octave up from 1.75). Also hearing a Eb 16th note on beat 2.0
• m4 LH 3.75 is a Gn with no tie. 4.0 I hear a Cn, and a Cn on 4.25 as well (different octaves). The En's should be reversed as far as octaves on 4.5 and 4.75 (both 16th in length)
• m5-m8 is a repeat of m1-4 if you were to just transcribe it, but I think the idea of what you've done works well. However the third note of that trombone/low brass figure is on beat 2.5, so I would suggest modifying these measures where applicable, perhaps so that beat 3-4 is like the original but beat 1-2 is the low brass stings

Fantastic Ike

Problem with funky basslines is that they're hard to transcribe :-\

But that should be everything updated! Hope I got m4 right

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on July 26, 2024, 07:18:08 AMProblem with funky basslines is that they're hard to transcribe :-\
oh yeah...

Continuing with Coral Riff

• m3 LH slight adjustment 4.75 hearing a Bb not Eb
• Also a bit of a relisten, hearing this for m4 LH:
Spoiler
[close]
Both of this stuff is applicable for the next section too (also note m11 LH ends same way as m3).

• m8 RH 4.25 I think you could remove the bottom Gn and it will be much easier
• m12 RH 1.0 and 1.25 not hearing a Bb, but a Cn
• m16 RH you could hide the 2nd layer half rest (just be sure to flip around the 1st layer)
• I would move the forte to m13, and add a cresc. starting in m12. I don't think it really builds in volume till this moment

Also would you mind linking your sheets on this page as well? Just saves a few clicks.

Kricketune54

Sorry quick correction because I should've been more explicit, LH m12 was correct previously with the Db-D-Eb-E progression of 8th notes

• page 1's systems could be spaced out just a bit more (especially between system 2 and 3), you could widen the space here our across all of the systems evenly on page 1
• m25 RH you could add a Cn to 1.0
• m27 RH you could add an Fb/En in the whole note layer

Koopa Troopa Beach
I'll admit it I was a little disappointed this wasn't just a remix of the Mario Kart song

• The tempo is a bit faster at 155 bpm
• There are some missing 8th note connected beams throughout, primarily in the RH, m6 for example between 1.5 and 2.0
• m1 RH not hearing An under the Dn at beginning
• m4 RH beat 2.75 this An should be up an octave, as well as the next notes on beat 3
• m11 and m27 RH beat 1.0 and 1.5 should be a dotted quarter note
• m21 to m32 RH a harmony note is introduced under the melody. Currently there are a few spots where this is missing a bit, so I would revisit this section (ex. m22 in this pic)
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
• m23 and m31 RH second layer not hearing a tie between 2.5 and 3, not hearing that 3.0 8th note
• m25 and m26 RH 2.5-3.0 this is a An on top (Fn below it)
• m28 RH 3.0 G# under current notes
• m29 can move this forte down a little
• m33 this system is a bit wider than it needs to be, can just be 1". You could also lower m25 system to just 1.11" width
• m39 RH not hearing this second layer?
• m40 RH beat 1 is two Dn 8th notes
• m44 RH 4.0 Gn is an An (strangely different from m45 beat 4)
• m48 both hands this section is in the key of Gn. As such, it looks a tad bit cleaner to have sharp accidentals (Db -> C#, Gb -> F#). Let me know if you need a further explanation here
• m53 RH the Cn is still in this note grouping
• m54-55 RH there is an additional Bn next to the An
• m54 LH the Gn's should be G#'s
• m56 RH the An's should be G#'s, and for the LH, you could add the Bn's between current En octaves

Fantastic Ike

Everything should be fixed.

Koopa Troopa Beach
Quote• There are some missing 8th note connected beams throughout, primarily in the RH, m6 for example between 1.5 and 2.0

Isn't this just a stylistic choice? For my end, I prefer the separated eighth note like this.

Quote• m21 to m32 RH a harmony note is introduced under the melody. Currently there are a few spots where this is missing a bit, so I would revisit this section (ex. m22 in this pic)

There were some Fs in m25 or so that I was gonna include, but they clash with the LH. Same deal for other places with missing harmony.

Everything else should be fixed.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on August 01, 2024, 10:51:26 AMDeep Sea Bass (Coral Riff)
Everything should be fixed.
I've got a bit more to give on this one.

• m13 RH in order to allow melody to come out a bit more, you could have this be the RH notes:
Spoiler
[close]
Does play with the octaves of that high part a bit, but it also allows the melody notes to be heard in their original octave on top.
• m16 RH sort of heard this as I was listening, but it's coming off much more clearly now that I've listened to this track several times. There is a lower octave Cn on 4.5, I think this measure would be easiest played like this:
Spoiler
[close]

This also applies to m20 RH. At m24 4.5 however, it's a restrike of that same top octave Cn as opposed to going down an octave.

• m17 RH you could add an Ab under beat 1's Fn (is that same harmony high synth instrument)

Koopa Troopa Beach
Quote from: Fantastic Ike on August 01, 2024, 10:51:26 AMIsn't this just a stylistic choice? For my end, I prefer the separated eighth note like this.
This is true... but currently this stylistic choice is inconsistent throughout the track. For example, the entire LH is connected, it doesn't really make sense visually to have one part have this connected, and the other not. Additionally the 2nd layer parts on page 2 of the RH have four eight notes with connected tails as well. I would recommend not splitting tails between beat 1+2 and 3+4, but whichever you choose to do, make sure it's consistent.

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on August 01, 2024, 10:51:26 AMThere were some Fs in m25 or so that I was gonna include, but they clash with the LH. Same deal for other places with missing harmony.
It's possible to avoid the clashes, but it seems like at m25 and m26 you've now put the harmony over the melody. I'd suggest just doing this:
Spoiler
[close]

Additional stuff for this track:
• m44 relistening, RH 4.5 the Bn should be an An as well
• m21 and m29 RH the second layer there's an An 8th note length on 3.5. You could add it and make the dotted half note into a half note tied to an 8th note instead.
• m33 RH second layer that first note is an An

Fantastic Ike

Still hashing out NecroDancer. Koopa Troopa Beach is updated.

Fantastic Ike

Kricketune54

• m22 maybe it's my finale version, but m22 the 2nd voice beat 3 quarter rest is in the notehead.
• m23 and m27 relistening to these, I think the chord sounds a bit more minor than what I initially suggested for the whole notes in the RH.  Less G major tone than currently, and more like the chord at m15. Thoughts on m23 2nd voice being Db and Bn, and then m27 swapping the Dn for Db?

Koopa Troopa Beach
• m4 RH relistening beat 3 there should be Bn's on top, maybe replacing the En's currently below the G#'s?
• m5 the return symbol is a bit forward, can center the symbol over beat 1
• m23-24 and m31-32 would be a bit easier in the RH if you dropped the En's throughout the 2nd voice. Since that's the same offbeat rhythm covered by the LH, I don't think it loses much in exchange for being much easier to play.
• m24 and m32 RH you could move the 1st voice half rest down so it lines up like this:
Spoiler
[close]

• Relistening to m50 RH it sounds like the Dn in the 2nd voice is a whole note, and the En is actually in the melody. So G# on beat 1 would be half note, and beat three a quarter length En.

Fantastic Ike

Quote• m23 and m27 relistening to these, I think the chord sounds a bit more minor than what I initially suggested for the whole notes in the RH.  Less G major tone than currently, and more like the chord at m15. Thoughts on m23 2nd voice being Db and Bn, and then m27 swapping the Dn for Db?

Would probably make the sheet more consistent

Both should be updated!