Submission Information:

Series: Star Fox
Game: Star Fox 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Mission Failed
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fernman

Kricketune54

•  I think if you wanted for m1-7 you could add a lower RH octave (sounds like those notes are playing to me)
• Might I also suggest this for m7 and m8? This would incorporate the snare rolls from the original (heard up to this point but not represented), but also pulling that Dn up an octave in m8 instead of down. Let me know your thoughts.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Fernman

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 09, 2024, 08:44:20 PM•  I think if you wanted for m1-7 you could add a lower RH octave (sounds like those notes are playing to me)

That works, added

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 09, 2024, 08:44:20 PM• Might I also suggest this for m7 and m8? This would incorporate the snare rolls from the original (heard up to this point but not represented), but also pulling that Dn up an octave in m8 instead of down. Let me know your thoughts.

I'm not a fan of turning the piano into a snare-drum-roll-like instrument with those tremolos. the snare is one pitch so to speak, and a 2 note tremolo isn't what I'd prefer.

I reverted the rest of the song back to what is heard, I think I was trying to be too much like the start demos in the prior uploads. Not sure if you want octaves, inverted other otherwise. I'll stick with staccato instead of portato.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fernman on July 10, 2024, 06:33:29 PMThat works, added
I don't see this on the files currently for m1-6

Quote from: Fernman on July 10, 2024, 06:33:29 PMI'm not a fan of turning the piano into a snare-drum-roll-like instrument with those tremolos. the snare is one pitch so to speak, and a 2 note tremolo isn't what I'd prefer.
Okay, did want to leave that up to preference, usually people do timpani parts not snares for tremolos when arranging anyway. I would suggest though removing the Dn in the LH of m8 beat 1, and just putting a low F on the bottom. Maybe just make the LH a whole note Gn (current Gn) and a Fn an octave lower, as this is a reachable note combination.

Quote from: Fernman on July 10, 2024, 06:33:29 PMI reverted the rest of the song back to what is heard, I think I was trying to be too much like the start demos in the prior uploads. Not sure if you want octaves, inverted other otherwise. I'll stick with staccato instead of portato.
Okay sounds looks/good from that standpoint of accents. By inverting octaves I assume you refer to which notes are currently ontop of the RH? I am fine as is treating the flute part of the original as the melody.

I would suggest utilizing the timpani pitches as a part of the LH though. I think the LH currently is a bit empty feeling in my opinion. Take this example idea for m9 to first part of m10. You could incorporate that lower harmony part into the LH where possible (looking at m9 4.5 to m10 beat 1)You cannot view this attachment.

• m11 RH beat 3 the An should be a Bn
• m12 RH beat 3 layer 2 add a staccato to this Gn

Fernman

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 03:20:55 PMI don't see this on the files currently for m1-6
If the 16th pairs are octaves, I can understand reaching the following octave in time. But that looks difficult to play in time, at least for my octave handspan. Not sure what a larger handed player can do. If the 16th pairs are NOT played as octaves, then reaching the next octave in time is a challenge. So I don't find it practical, unless you have a different opinion.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 03:20:55 PMI would suggest though removing the Dn in the LH of m8 beat 1, and just putting a low F on the bottom. Maybe just make the LH a whole note Gn (current Gn) and a Fn an octave lower, as this is a reachable note combination.

a 9th is not reachable for me, For those of us who can't reach the 9th, I wanted another harmonic, so I picked the D. I can add in the F as well, but I still want the D with the player having the option to exclude the F.
I added in a dotted whole note, if that was your intent.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 03:20:55 PMI would suggest utilizing the timpani pitches as a part of the LH though. I think the LH currently is a bit empty feeling in my opinion. Take this example idea for m9 to first part of m10. You could incorporate that lower harmony part into the LH where possible (looking at m9 4.5 to m10 beat 1)

Key words are "where possible." That's a 10th. In my mind that is not possible for me, but I supposed if desired, one could play the timpani and the bottom note of the chord.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 03:20:55 PM• m11 RH beat 3 the An should be a Bn • m12 RH beat 3 layer 2 add a staccato to this Gn
Updated.