News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG CXXIII: A Dance of Fire and Ice

Started by mastersuperfan, June 23, 2024, 05:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecsFlyer17

Post N2, seering, if wolfseer!Specs knows that Oricorio is the other wolf, there's no real advantage to me sharing the blue check, since it would be advantageous to team up. I did share the blue check, so at the time, I wouldn't have known that Oricorio was the other wolf. That more or less proves we did not find each other prior to the start of D2.

So why is Specs/Oricorio pairing nonsensical?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

That's what I'm wondering as well. I wanted to see if Oricorio had a point and I was missing something obvious because I was tripping myself up, but Oricorio's response to the whole situation definitely rubs me the wrong way regardless.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Basically, the pairing is possible under the context that wolfseer!Specs didn't know Oricorio is the blue wolf.

XiaoMigros

In regards to the statements which pinged me, yes, I agree its not a given that Specs knows who the remaining wolf is. That said, judging by his play style, Oricorio probably does (hence the targeting me). Unlike Oricorio (I assume), I'd be fine voting for someone else if they are more likely to be a wolf, but I don't feel that way towards anyone yet.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 01, 2024, 12:44:32 PMIn the interest of pushing a different angle: if Oricorio and Specs are wolves together, what are the chances they've already connected? Wolf!Specs probably would have legit seered Oricorio, and from there it's a matter of whether Specs would want to throw Oricorio under the bus or attempt to win together. Depending on who Specs and Oricorio may have targeted for vote reduction, it's possible Specs' hands may be forced in the matter regardless (like, maybe he painted me or TZP and reduced Xiao's vote, so Xiao wouldn't be an optimal lynch if he wanted to win).

However, your original message does seem to reference us already connecting. That is unlikely, although I do agree that there may be some rare, specific situation where wolf!Specs would benefit from outing wolf!Oricorio. I haven't gone through the possibilities in my head. It's definitely more likely that the two wolves would benefit from teaming, imo.

XiaoMigros

As for the pairing options concerning me, I can see why you might believe them possible. By all means, vote me out next round if you think it's best. Just not this one lol

XiaoMigros

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on July 01, 2024, 01:55:21 PMHowever, your original message does seem to reference us already connecting. That is unlikely, although I do agree that there may be some rare, specific situation where wolf!Specs would benefit from outing wolf!Oricorio. I haven't gone through the possibilities in my head. It's definitely more likely that the two wolves would benefit from teaming, imo.
I think wolf!Specs could be seeing this as a ploy to gain town trust, thinking town is/was (???) already kinda set on Oricorio as the next lynch option.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on July 01, 2024, 12:03:43 PMWhat has Xiao done that people are townreading them for? All I can gather is that they have a decent tone, but is that really hard to fake? They hadn't responded to the gambit, accomplished little behind the scenes as far as I can tell, and are mainly sheeping the easiest reads; I don't see much in the way of solving from them. Contrast me, who proactively pushed the private seer claims to see if they overlap (though it seems BDS is getting the credit for that, even though I am the one who suggested it) and have been trying to actively lock the game down. Which one of us actually looks like the wolf here?
You've taken credit for many ideas that 1) weren't yours or 2) were the generic 'good idea' move. Whenever I've asked you to prove that said ideas were yours, you ignored me.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: XiaoMigros on July 01, 2024, 01:55:45 PMAs for the pairing options concerning me, I can see why you might believe them possible. By all means, vote me out next round if you think it's best. Just not this one lol

Why? Because you're a wolf and will have achieved your wincon by then?

XiaoMigros

Of course! That's why I would just say that, publically, for all to see and judge

XiaoMigros

It won't be LYLO anymore next round and I understand that I might be the best option to let go next, that's all. Unlike a wolf I don't need to survive to win

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: XiaoMigros on July 01, 2024, 02:39:52 PMOf course! That's why I would just say that, publically, for all to see and judge

Guys we solved the game!

XiaoMigros

maybe the real werewolf was the friends we made along the way

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: XiaoMigros on July 01, 2024, 02:40:45 PMIt won't be LYLO anymore next round and I understand that I might be the best option to let go next, that's all. Unlike a wolf I don't need to survive to win

Makes sense.

I'm likely going to keep my vote on Oricorio today. TZP still has to vote. Assuming nothing else changes, Oricorio would be the lynch unless TZP votes for Xiao. Theoretically, it could come down to a KitB if that happens due to vote manipulation.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: XiaoMigros on July 01, 2024, 02:46:40 PMmaybe the real werewolf was the friends we made along the way

Approximately 2 hours until phase end!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 01, 2024, 01:06:54 PMApparent votecount:
- Oricorio: 3 (Xiao, BDS, Specs)
- Xiao: 1 (Oricorio)

Votecount remains unchanged.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.