News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG CXXIII: A Dance of Fire and Ice

Started by mastersuperfan, June 23, 2024, 05:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

Xiao on the offchance I can't return because my phone is dying. TZP needs to step it up like right now though to be confident we aren't in a TZP/Specs hellworld.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on July 01, 2024, 12:03:43 PM(though it seems BDS is getting the credit for that, even though I am the one who suggested it)
Hm? Unless there's a way earlier post that you're referring to, I was the one who first brought it up this phase.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

mastersuperfan

Apparent votecount:
- Oricorio: 2 (Xiao, BDS)
- Xiao: 1 (Oricorio)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Oricorio on July 01, 2024, 12:07:00 PMXiao on the offchance I can't return because my phone is dying. TZP needs to step it up like right now though to be confident we aren't in a TZP/Specs hellworld.

I'm not clear at all on what I need to step up?

Oricorio

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 12:10:29 PMI'm not clear at all on what I need to step up?

Activity, solving, etc. You've done the least this phase out of anyone here

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on July 01, 2024, 12:03:43 PMWhat has Xiao done that people are townreading them for? All I can gather is that they have a decent tone, but is that really hard to fake? They hadn't responded to the gambit, accomplished little behind the scenes as far as I can tell, and are mainly sheeping the easiest reads; I don't see much in the way of solving from them. Contrast me, who proactively pushed the private seer claims to see if they overlap (though it seems BDS is getting the credit for that, even though I am the one who suggested it) and have been trying to actively lock the game down. Which one of us actually looks like the wolf here?
To respond to the whole post instead of just the one snippet:
From an outside perspective it kinda looks like you're pushing Xiao because that's the only option you have (which it would be if you're trying to win with the other wolf—if we lynch a wolf today and you're the last remaining wolf, then you're most likely going to be lynched next day phase, so it sorta is your only option to win with the other wolf), which doesn't really answer the question on who the other wolf is.

I don't really wanna go just on vibes alone, but to me it definitely feels like your train of wolf hunting starts and ends at Xiao.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

A couple questions for TZP: Do you think me/Xiao is a viable team? Do you think we're being too quick to clear BDS based on his reaction to the gambit?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on July 01, 2024, 12:08:15 PMI brought it up in PMs
This is the PM you're referring to, I'm guessing?
Quote from: Oricorio on June 29, 2024, 06:31:09 PMSince we both know who it is, I suppose there's no harm in revealing it's Specs. I am vanilla and Xiao is apparently vanilla so if you're not seer the only two other people it can be are TZP and THC. Specs claimed they had a wolf check on me (but didn't reveal the color) but given the lack of enthusiasm in the claim it might be a reaction test, so I want you to push them to claim their result privately to you (but don't reveal we're in contact). We also should push TZP to claim in PMs, possibly by one of us fakeclaiming seer. The idea is to see if they contradict each other by claiming the same color, which would force a thunderdome.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 11:11:30 AMAs far as current pushes go—I still read Xiao as fairly human but I'm confused why Specs said that the "majority of the field" agreed on that—I thought it was just me and BDS?

You, BDS primarily, and I didn't find him particularly wolfy. The point being that he wasn't a primary lynch candidate N1, so I figured he had a decent chance to burned/chilled N2.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 01, 2024, 12:13:30 PMTo respond to the whole post instead of just the one snippet:
From an outside perspective it kinda looks like you're pushing Xiao because that's the only option you have (which it would be if you're trying to win with the other wolf—if we lynch a wolf today and you're the last remaining wolf, then you're most likely going to be lynched next day phase, so it sorta is your only option to win with the other wolf), which doesn't really answer the question on who the other wolf is.

I don't really wanna go just on vibes alone, but to me it definitely feels like your train of wolf hunting starts and ends at Xiao.

Last wolf is between Specs/TZP, but number one TZP has done so little this phase it's hard to solve between them and number two this has (or had) a chance of self-resolving if one of them died. However, you're blind if you think I haven't been trying to solve Specs, what do you think I was trying to accomplish with the PMs I sent you?

Additionally, if you think my solve is too narrow, isn't the same true of Xiao? But I've at least been trying to solve in worlds while Xiao takes the laziest answer

Oricorio

Like I've been at least trying to get to the bottom of everything here while all Xiao's done is just parrot things others have said with no digging of their own. The redcheck is unfortunate, and I understand if it costs the game as people aren't likely to trust me after I got away with a redcheck as wolf in the Grinch game. However, you have to understand that seerings are somewhat rigged towards the wolves as they can frame whoever they think is likeliest to be seered (and I, due to my low activity before this phase, wasn't a difficult guess) plus it's always possible Specs is a wolf who made up that result for his own purposes (regardless of whether or not he's actually seer).

SpecsFlyer17

I think it's valid to put the spotlight on Xiao though. I thought his D1 game was strong, although D2 he has fought back against Oricorio and voted for him early. I didn't love the early vote, especially given I had just revealed the seer claim on Oricorio.

SpecsFlyer17

Also, TZP/BDS/Xiao, who got the green check last night?

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 24, 2024, 01:47:23 AMAlso, red or blue seerings are more likely than not to still be humans

LOL.