News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG CXXIII: A Dance of Fire and Ice

Started by mastersuperfan, June 23, 2024, 05:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Very sorry for my absence everyone. I'll catch up over the next couple hours and engage with what's been said recdently

TheZeldaPianist275

First things first—I buy the Specs seer claim. He's too conservative to nakedly fakeclaim that without assurances that a seer already died. He could totally be a wolf seer as well, but I don't think he's just a normal wolf bullshitting us. And the fact that he is the one pushing for the "reveal your colors privately" plan makes me trust him more. I agree to this plan, and I'm fine with BDS and Xiao as the escrow agents for those claims. Should I claim who I seered last night in those messages as well?

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 10:13:25 AMFirst things first—I buy the Specs seer claim. He's too conservative to nakedly fakeclaim that without assurances that a seer already died. He could totally be a wolf seer as well, but I don't think he's just a normal wolf bullshitting us. And the fact that he is the one pushing for the "reveal your colors privately" plan makes me trust him more. I agree to this plan, and I'm fine with BDS and Xiao as the escrow agents for those claims. Should I claim who I seered last night in those messages as well?

I'll send my PM to BDS and Xiao now.

Regarding the green result, I say yes if you're comfortable. It will help build a picture of what we're dealing with.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

TheZeldaPianist275

mastersuperfan

6 hours left in Day 2!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 30, 2024, 06:54:03 PMApparent votecount: (because I forgot earlier)
- Oricorio: 1 (Xiao)

Votecount remains unchanged.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheZeldaPianist275

With respect to the wolf claim gambit, I didn't really expect to get anything earth-shattering out of that. At most I wanted to see how other players reacted to the bait and who they pushed me toward hitting in the night. I knew that it would be shared with the thread pretty quickly (though I was a bit surprised Oricorio didn't wait till near the end of the phase to do so, and I was surprised that everyone didn't send at least *something* in response). If I were a wolf trying to scout out a partner, I would have done that by claiming my specific role as a wolf.

As far as current pushes go—I still read Xiao as fairly human but I'm confused why Specs said that the "majority of the field" agreed on that—I thought it was just me and BDS? I mentioned that my suspicion list moved around a bit last night as a result of the D1 lynch, but funnily enough, I think it's settled again roughly around where it was during D1 lol. I'll wait for BDS and Xiao before I elaborate more on that.

BlackDragonSlayer

PMs received and read. If we wanna wait for Xiao to reveal specifics I'll wait, but I can confirm that the apparent seers and seerings match.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, Oricorio. Even without the seering I'd probably be voting for Oricorio. The seering on top of that just further cements that.

If I had to rank people based on most likely to be a wolf to least likely to be a wolf, I'd say:
Oricorio > Specs > Xiao > TZP

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Apparent votecount:
- Oricorio: 2 (Xiao, BDS)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 01, 2024, 11:34:08 AMPMs received and read. If we wanna wait for Xiao to reveal specifics I'll wait, but I can confirm that the apparent seers and seerings match.

Match as in they're the same or opposite?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on July 01, 2024, 11:41:10 AMMatch as in they're the same or opposite?
They don't contradict each other; they're the opposite from each other.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Is there really even a point in being coy about this any more? I Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V'd the same message to Xiao that I sent to BDS lol, it would be suicidal for one of the four of us to claim different things in public from what we said in private

Oricorio

Statistically speaking, there is a 2/3 chance both Specs and TZP are legit if we accept the premise that the seers are between them and THC. This is because in half the worlds where THC is a seer, the seer who's faking would have claimed the same color as the real seer.

Oricorio

What has Xiao done that people are townreading them for? All I can gather is that they have a decent tone, but is that really hard to fake? They hadn't responded to the gambit, accomplished little behind the scenes as far as I can tell, and are mainly sheeping the easiest reads; I don't see much in the way of solving from them. Contrast me, who proactively pushed the private seer claims to see if they overlap (though it seems BDS is getting the credit for that, even though I am the one who suggested it) and have been trying to actively lock the game down. Which one of us actually looks like the wolf here?