Fernman's Aquatic Update Project Sheets

Started by Fernman, June 20, 2024, 08:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernman

What better aquatic songs than WAVE RACE!

[N64] Wave Race 64 : Main Title

MUS

Comments:
I omitted the percussion at the start
beat 1 of m8 should only play on the repeat, I added a parenthesis, but it only applied to the top note
m30 - I don't see how it's practical to play beat 3-4 RH with the Bb and d, but I added them in since I think you might be expecting them.
m38 b4, I simplified to a triplet, instead of a sextuplet, for playability

[N64] Wave Race 64 : Sunny Beach

MUS

Comments:
m3 beat 4 I simplified to something more realistic to play
m4 beat 1, should only be played the first time, the parenthesis is there. though on the repeat the right hand could play the G, I just don't know how to notate this without that section getting too busy.
m23 I omitted the LH runs because the RH is busy, and the LH part has the melody, I began to add the runs in subsequent measures.

If the difference between what is arranged and what NSM expects is too great let me know and I can pick something else. I'm happy with how its arranged, I just don't want anything to get stuck.... for all our sake. No hard feelings taken.

Bloop

Hiya! Just leaving a comment in response to this:

Quote from: Fernman on June 20, 2024, 08:57:49 PMIf the difference between what is arranged and what NSM expects is too great let me know and I can pick something else. I'm happy with how its arranged, I just don't want anything to get stuck.... for all our sake. No hard feelings taken.
I think it should be possible to work on these sheets, but it might still take a bit of time. The biggest thing I noticed at first listen is that we could work on filling some empty space in the sheets, where there's only a long note being played (most notably in Sunny Beach), probably via adding some bass notes or another kind of rhythmic accompinament. If we don't finish sheets in time for the project update, we could always just move it to submissions instead (as extra submissions). If you'd rather pick a sheet that would take less time or have less invasive changes, that's fine too!

Fernman

Quote from: Bloop on June 26, 2024, 02:29:30 PMThe biggest thing I noticed at first listen is that we could work on filling some empty space in the sheets, where there's only a long note being played (most notably in Sunny Beach), probably via adding some bass notes or another kind of rhythmic accompinament

I won't doubt your expertise, but what I hear as dominant in Sunny Beach is what is what is arranged. example: m5-6 there is that bass guitar(?) (that is barely heard) if it's as low as I hear it wouldn't be in reach of the surrounding notes, and I'm not sure moving it up an octave is the better decision. That held note captures what is primarily audible. Later on there is that pulsing sound in the bass which I don't want in the arrangement at all since it changes the feel of the song (or at least how I hear the song).

Not sure what your overall thoughts are on this. I think Sunny Beach captures the primarily heard parts of the song, and has a good feeling to it. The song has a fast enough tempo that the held notes don't sound "stale" at any point in my opinion. I'd like to better understand how NSM thinks about this so I can make note of what I may submit in general to NSM.