[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Sludge Plant Battle" (Replacement) by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, April 12, 2024, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

To be honest, I don't think it's immediately clear for a performer what to do with the intros at the moment. See the attachment for my suggestion (ignore the spacing): I think it's clearer if the main sheet starts on a new system, and the intros are labeled with where to jump to. Perhaps using measure numbers rather than a Segno marking is best, since I've never seen those used to jump forwards rather than backwards in a sheet

- m4: IMO, beat 3.25 would be clearer to read as a not-staccato 16th note
- m6 beats 1.5 and 3.5 RH sound staccato
- m7: The staccato in the RH should sit below the noteheads
- m8-9 RH sounds more fitting to me an octave higher, the organ starts higher than in m7

Also, if you have the audio to the new intro that would be great :)

Fantastic Ike

Hmm let's try this for now. Also here's the alternate intro, from earlier in the thread:

Updated.

Latios212

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 17, 2024, 12:41:46 PMPerhaps using measure numbers rather than a Segno marking is best, since I've never seen those used to jump forwards rather than backwards in a sheet
Yeah, I think the D.S. would be confusing to read as such. I think "To measure 3" or something would suffice, or including a performance note as a text box in order to explain the structure.

"Sludgy Groove" works as a tempo indicator but the way the intro names are laid out, it reads as the name of the looping part so I would suggest removing it or finding some other way to work it in.

The first intro is missing a tempo marking. Also, make sure the 1./2. in the endings are shifted left a bit to be roughly above the beat 1 noteheads.

(Thanks for reformatting this one and sorry about the delay! I've had a lot going on lately and have been slow to reply on subs)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

Fantastic Ike

Not usually the type to bump my own stuff for arrangers, but I don't think there was much left to go over with this sheet, except for the new intros that I already added. I didn't expect this being as big a replacement as it was (nobody's fault, of course!) and was hoping to just rip the Band-Aid off with this one.