News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG CXXII: Rock Paper Scissors DEATHMATCH

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, April 21, 2024, 05:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quiet night, huh?

I'm sure most of you are already aware, or have already guessed if you haven't already been told by someone directly, but throughout the phase Oricorio has claimed all three factions to varying different people. This immediately makes me hesitant of his intentions, and given the information I have at my disposal, I'm fairly certain he isn't aligned with my faction. Right out of the gate, that makes me inclined to want to lynch him, and assuming that both of us survive into the next phase, that will be my vote (also assuming there's no additional information that changes that).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

TWG CXXII: Rock Paper Scissors DEATHMATCH

Rock
1. Rock Vigilante
2. Rock Reviver
3. Rock Nullifier

Paper
4. Paper Vigilante
5. Paper Reviver
6. Paper Nullifier

Scissors
7. Scissors Vigilante
8. Scissors Reviver
9. Scissors Nullifier

Misc.
-Order of operations: Nullify > Revive > Vigi
-For example, the following chain could exist: (paper nullifier) targets (rock nullifier) who targets (paper vigilante) who targets (scissors reviver). In this case, the paper nullifier at the top of the daisy chain would cancel out the rock nullifier, allowing the paper vigilante's kill to go through. The scissors reviver would be dead, but his revive would still go through.
-Example 2: If a nullifier and vigilante target each other, the nullifier wins out.
-Example 3: If a vigilante targets a nullifier who targeted a reviver, the nullifier dies, but because the vigi's kill does not block the power of the person he targeted, the nullify still goes through, and the revive fails. Uh oh!
-Your team wins when your people are the last ones standing.
-Standard stuff regarding game minutia. Someone gets lynched every day phase, phantoms are in play, instas are on, no cardflips.
-You can't vigi someone who was dead at the start of the phase in case they get revived. Likewise, you can't revive someone who was alive at the start of the phase in case they get vigi'd.
-If there's a question about the game, @ me in the thread so I see it quickly.
-Be as clear as possible when using your night actions. Bolded actions and names help.
-Have fun. Looking forward to this--you guys rule!
[close]

-----------------

The Players
1. mastersuperfan
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. SpecsFlyer17
5. davy
6. Oricorio
7. Toby
8. therealmathguy
9. K-NiGhT

Vigi PM
You are the ___ Vigilante. PM me the name of someone you want dead, and if no one nullifies you, they'll be dead at the end of the night.
[close]

Reviver PM
You are the ___ Reviver. PM me the name of someone you want back in the game, and if no one nullifies you, they'll be alive at the end of the night.
[close]

Nullifier PM
You are the ___ Nullifier. PM me someone's name to stop their night action in its tracks...unless someone nullifies you first. Choose carefully.
[close]

In the night, BlackDragonSlayer and davy were both found dead. Bummer. Should have spent more time practicing Rock Paper Scissors.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 ends in 48 hours, on Thursday, April 25 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time.

therealmathguy

It's gonna be interesting to see these action chains in postgame. We have at least one successful null, assuming that everyone that could act locked in an action.

I know the "revivers" brought a lot of attention to themselves by claiming but I didn't actually expect them to go down.

Oricorio

Quote from: therealmathguy on April 23, 2024, 07:33:51 PMIt's gonna be interesting to see these action chains in postgame. We have at least one successful null, assuming that everyone that could act locked in an action.

I know the "revivers" brought a lot of attention to themselves by claiming but I didn't actually expect them to go down.

You gotta keep in mind that it's indeed possible that two vigilantes converged on the same target. Given that their claims put them directly in the line of fire, that's not a possibility that we can discount yet.

therealmathguy

Quote from: Oricorio on April 23, 2024, 07:35:38 PMYou gotta keep in mind that it's indeed possible that two vigilantes converged on the same target. Given that their claims put them directly in the line of fire, that's not a possibility that we can discount yet.
Ahh that is true

Toby

Well Oricorio claimed to not be my alignment so I'll vote him

Oricorio

SpecsFlyer17

Hmm, the two reviver claimers get vigi'd. I guess the real vigis took the claims at face value, or at least took the chance that the claims were real.

I sorta saw that coming; that's why it confused me why they claimed reviver roles.

In addition to the Math/Oricorio discussion, there's also a possibility that a vigi didn't act last night to avoid any chance of friendly fire.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 23, 2024, 05:59:12 PMbut throughout the phase Oricorio has claimed all three factions to varying different people

I can't exactly fault him for trying to determine teammates. All things even, I'd like to know who's on my team haha. Not really sure that alone is worthy of votes yet.

Oricorio

Toby

As one of the few people I don't have a claim from. Claim to me, and I promise I will remove this vote and won't vote you for the rest of the phase.

Toby

Im not going to claim to someone who fake claimed to me

Oricorio

Quote from: Toby on April 24, 2024, 11:54:19 AMIm not going to claim to someone who fake claimed to me

Who's to say it was fake? I definitely told the truth to two or three people

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Oricorio on April 24, 2024, 11:59:39 AMWho's to say it was fake? I definitely told the truth to two or three people

;D Idk why but this is really funny

SpecsFlyer17

Lynching a reviver has the advantage of having no solid defense besides another reviver mistakenly reviving them. Lynching any other position can be undone by a revive the next night, and any attempt to vigi a reviver at night can be nullified.

So I would lean towards trying to find a reviver tonight. Obviously BDS and davy both claimed it, but honestly I don't buy their claims and I'd be willing to bet there are still at least 2 revivers out there.

My guess is a reviver would likely try to play it safe and avoid causing a scene in order to avoid getting vigi'd N1 or lynched D1. That way they could actually use their power. I don't want to completely pull the "inactivity = reviver = lynch" card, but I could see a reviver laying very low to make it to N2.

Knight, MSF, and THC have been almost non-existent in the public thread, although a game like this is geared more towards PMs than most games are. I will say that I've had substantial contact with MSF in PMs.

TheZeldaPianist275

Vote Count

Oricorio: 1 (Toby)
Toby: 1 (Oricorio)

Please enjoy this episode of Rock Paper Scissors Simulator. ~5.5 hours left in phase.

(note: this video is not an esoteric hint about the current game state. do not read into it at all)

K-NiGhT

Hey guys

Sorry I haven't been active in the public thread or responded to PMs during the day phase. Have had a busy 48 hours.

I don't have much information to go off yet, so I am going to abstain from voting during this day phase.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*