News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[PC] Your Turn to Die -Death Game by Majority- - "PRAYER" by mastersuperfan

Started by Zeta, March 31, 2024, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Your Turn to Die -Death Game by Majority-
Console: PC
Title: PRAYER
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

mastersuperfan

i awaken

(the name of the game should be changed to "Your Turn to Die -Death Game by Majority-" since the game has received an official English release on Steam)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Changed the game name!

Good to see a sheet from you again, nice work :P Here's feedback:
- Have you considered splitting the intro into parts for both hands? I feel like both the chords and the runs would be easier to split between to hands, though if you think there isn't an easy and neat way to split it up you could always leave it up to the performer.
- I don't hear the chord strike in m. 17 beat 3.75? The chord here also sounds a bit different from what you have it, consisting of Bn-D-F-Ab
- m. 19 beat 3 LH: I think I hear a Db in this chord
- m. 20 beat 3 LH: not sure I hear the top F in this chord
- Unlike the vocal version, m. 30 beat 2.5 sounds like another D instead of ascending to Eb
- m. 34 beat 3 LH: sounds like there's a Bb instead of Ab?
- You could easily have the LH take some of the chord notes in the last measure
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on April 01, 2024, 07:06:05 PM- Have you considered splitting the intro into parts for both hands? I feel like both the chords and the runs would be easier to split between to hands, though if you think there isn't an easy and neat way to split it up you could always leave it up to the performer. I attempted to write it cross-staffed with... not great-looking results:

ultimately for the chords, I just added a "l.h." bracket at the beginning; they're simple enough that the player can figure it out for themselves. as for the runs, I was actually playing them with one hand when I was practicing :p the LH run is definitely not too bad with one hand. I could be convinced to put a "l.h." bracket on the last three or four notes of the upper run, although I'll refrain atm because I don't think it'd look neat with the staff lines and I think the player can also probably figure it out for themselves.
- I don't hear the chord strike in m. 17 beat 3.75? The chord here also sounds a bit different from what you have it, consisting of Bn-B-F-Ab ah yeah, I put the extra chord strike in since I wanted to keep both the lower bass note and the upper chord, and it's not possible to play them all at once. (inverting it down hurts the resolution to the next chord, and inverting it up creates a strange jump up to it imo.) assuming you mean Bn-D-F-Ab, notes fixed
- m. 19 beat 3 LH: I think I hear a Db in this chord assuming you mean m18, done
- m. 20 beat 3 LH: not sure I hear the top F in this chord I hear an F below the Gb in the piano, but since the bass plays Gb I inverted the F up
- Unlike the vocal version, m. 30 beat 2.5 sounds like another D instead of ascending to Eb hmm I think I still hear Eb? if I really slow it down I can kind of hear both notes, but it's not clear to me that the melody there is a D instead of an Eb. given the vocal version it makes more sense to me to keep it as an Eb
- m. 34 beat 3 LH: sounds like there's a Bb instead of Ab? yep, fixed
- You could easily have the LH take some of the chord notes in the last measure it's actually easiest for me to play it as written, using a 1-2-4-5 fingering for F-Ab-Eb-F in m59 and 1-2-5 on beat 1 of m60 before jumping to beat 1.5 :p and I think voicing-wise it also makes more sense as is

Thank you for the very prompt feedback! Files have been updated.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Re: the intro - yeah, sounds good leaving it up to the performer! Just was curious what you thought about what's easiest to play. Honestly, I don't think the note at the beginning helps too much, but nothing wrong with it.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 01, 2024, 09:32:54 PM- Unlike the vocal version, m. 30 beat 2.5 sounds like another D instead of ascending to Eb hmm I think I still hear Eb? if I really slow it down I can kind of hear both notes, but it's not clear to me that the melody there is a D instead of an Eb. given the vocal version it makes more sense to me to keep it as an Eb
I'm still pretty sure I hear D here, but I have no qualms making it an Eb to match the vocals (it feels more right anyway).

I've got nothing else to add! This looks good to me!

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on April 02, 2024, 08:32:06 PMRe: the intro - yeah, sounds good leaving it up to the performer! Just was curious what you thought about what's easiest to play. Honestly, I don't think the note at the beginning helps too much, but nothing wrong with it.
yeah, after taking another look I think it just makes more sense to leave it out :p files updated accordingly

Bloop

Very nice work, just a few small things I noticed:
-m4: I hear a grace note D after the C grace note too
-m22: If you want, you could notate in some way that the player can play the R.H. F-Bb dyad in beat 3 with the L.H., seems a bit easier than to jump around with the R.H. ^^
-m30: I don't explicitly hear the R.H. Eb in beat 2.5, I think it's an F in another voice?
-m58: I can kinda hear an F on beat 3, but listening to the bar itself it sounds like beat 3 is supposed to be an Ab major chord in some way, or at least also an Ab on the bottom (I think I hear Ab-C-Ab in the electric piano)
-m60: I hear a Bb on beat 4 in the L.H. (Bb below middle C)

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Bloop on April 08, 2024, 03:36:35 AMVery nice work, just a few small things I noticed:
-m4: I hear a grace note D after the C grace note too done!
-m22: If you want, you could notate in some way that the player can play the R.H. F-Bb dyad in beat 3 with the L.H., seems a bit easier than to jump around with the R.H. ^^ I actually find it easier to do the jump with the RH personally :p I left it unmarked
-m30: I don't explicitly hear the R.H. Eb in beat 2.5, I think it's an F in another voice? hmm I'm still pretty clearly hearing the Eb octaves. I do hear the F you mention, and I also hear the D's that Latios mentioned, but out of these voices the Eb still stands out pretty clearly to me as the melody when I slow it down
-m58: I can kinda hear an F on beat 3, but listening to the bar itself it sounds like beat 3 is supposed to be an Ab major chord in some way, or at least also an Ab on the bottom (I think I hear Ab-C-Ab in the electric piano) changed!
-m60: I hear a Bb on beat 4 in the L.H. (Bb below middle C) yep, done

Files updated; thanks for checking!

Bloop

Zeta