News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG CXXI: True Love Game Thread

Started by Oricorio, March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

at least I think that if you're a human, and your lover is on the chopping block, and you don't think they're especially sus and you think you yourself are townread, it might be advantageous to reveal your relationship in the interest of self-preservation (which, as previously discussed, is something I think both humans and wolves would want to do d1).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2024, 11:58:10 AMI think the other thing on my mind is that if we don't know the pairs, then someone defending someone else could be misinterpreted as a wolfy play (i.e. a wolf protecting their wolf partner or wolf partner's lover) when it might actually just be a human protecting their own lover. but in that case, maybe they could just reveal their lover relationship on the spot to clarify why they're being protective?

The idea was humans have an incentive to defend only one other player (their lover), while wolves have an incentive to defend up to three (their lover, their partner, and their partner's lover). That being said, it may be difficult to keep track of if some people aren't accused of much.

Revealing towards the back half of D1 would at least give us some concrete data on who defended whom because of lover pairs.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SpecsFlyer17

Toby: Obviously I don't love the vote on me, and I don't think it's a great argument for the reason I've already posted.

THC: Seemed quick to defend me once he saw I had two votes. While I appreciate the defense from a self-preservation standpoint, it could be wolf!THC trying to protect one if the wolves' lovers. Slight suspicion for the quick jump to defend, but it's just a hunch.

TZP: One post about how claiming D1 has benefits. Not a whole lot to read from it. It disagreed with my original plan but I'm willing ton consider the validity of it.

BDS: Posts have seemed fairly human-oriented. Nothing jumps out at me atm.

MSF: I appreciated the detailed statistical rundown, although wolves are capable of mechanical posting to earn points. That being said, I don't really have a reason to think it's not genuine. The second vote on me is likely a reaction test so I'm not going to read too deeply yet.

Nakah: Can't argue the parroting, so a little suspicion but it's not like there was a ton to talk about. Still, definitely a data point to consider.

Raeko: Claimed to like Toby's reasoning for voting me, with I naturally disagree with. Could be genuine, could be using the opportunity to bandwagon on someone who isn't a wolf/wolf's lover. Just a possibility, but a slight suspicion.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on March 08, 2024, 01:31:21 PMMSF: I appreciated the detailed statistical rundown, although wolves are capable of mechanical posting to earn points. That being said, I don't really have a reason to think it's not genuine. The second vote on me is likely a reaction test so I'm not going to read too deeply yet.

Although I don't read you as particularly wolfy, I would be okay with you being lynched, for reasons I'll explain later.

mastersuperfan

Toby, do you still stand by your vote on Specs?

mastersuperfan

@Oricorio echoing Toby's earlier question, rule clarification — are cardflips on?

Oricorio

BlackDragonSlayer

Catching up now. Gonna go page by page for my posts.

Quote from: Toby on March 08, 2024, 06:20:58 AMIm going to place a vote on Specs

I think starting the game off with his first post being inside the mind of a wolf is a bit sus. Maybe his only perspective is a wolves perspective
Interesting point. I don't necessarily disagree with you there. My issue with his post was that his second sentence you quoted was basically just saying what I said except more clearly (which, again, isn't always a bad thing, just a bit sketch).

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2024, 06:48:00 AMlight sus on raeko and Nakah. not because they called me out in particular, but because their first posts each came across as somewhat vacuous and parrot-y to me. I would like to see some more concrete reasoning on why you agree with previous posts that we should wait to reveal instead of revealing now.
I do agree that it seems weird that Nakah and Raeko were seemingly mindmelding. It's possible they're lovers who discussed an MSF suspicion behind the scenes, or wolf partners who decided to push a contrarian thread.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Votecount remains unchanged from last update! You have a little over 24 hours remaining!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: raeko on March 08, 2024, 08:02:16 AMNakah coming in and sheeping my read is noted
How do you feel about Nakah sheeping your read in particular? Any suggestions as to why Nakah may have done that, from your perspective?

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 08, 2024, 09:01:57 AMWhy is Specs being voted? Specs is currently my highest townread (only by a small margin, though), and I don't see him having posted anything suspicious. If anything, I find raeko and Toby to be a bit suspicious. raeko's posts feel a bit like fluff, and Toby made a vote in only his third post, giving only one reason as to why. Out of those two, Toby definitely feels more sus to me, but I'm keeping my eye on both of them.
Out of curiosity, why is Specs your highest townread? It does feel a bit weird for you to be criticizing votes at this point of the game; in games like this we absolutely need to start early.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 08, 2024, 10:42:44 AMWell, it was you, BDS, and Specs, but since you jumped on the Specs vote right after claiming you have a slight townread on Specs, I'm no longer sure about you. All three of you were stimulating conversation by bringing up plans/ideas, none of which seemed particularly sus either. But now it's really just BDS and Specs for me (for now, I believe some people still haven't spoken).
Personally I think the Specs votes are fine. I'm not planning to vote for Specs at the moment but it's something I could potentially be convinced of down the line depending on how things play out. It doesn't exactly strike me positively that you're criticizing the Specs votes just because he's your highest townread, especially when others (including myself) have expressed differing opinions on Specs.

Re: TZP/MSF discussion at the end of page 3

I was against revealing lover pairs early in the phase because I think it gave the human team more to work with in terms of interpreting people's reactions but I'm not wholly against revealing the information later in the phase (though we're getting close to 24 hours left in the phase so we might be reaching that "later in the phase" point already.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Nothing else to say about page 4's content so far, so a quick update of my reads:

ThatHiddenCharacter: neutral-leaning wolf
SpecsFlyer17: neutral
Nakah: leaning wolf
Raeko: neutral-leaning human
TheZeldaPianist275: neutral
mastersuperfan: leaning human
Toby: neutral-leaning human

THC's reaction to the Specs vote feels a bit weird based on his reasoning for opposing it, as if he's assuming that everyone else thinks Specs is human too. Could possibly be a lover reaction, but feels more like a wolfy reaction for the time being. If Specs isn't a wolf he could be the human lover of a wolf.

Based on their exchange at the end of page 3 I think TZP/MSF is a possible wolf pair though unlikely. Feels like this post by MSF was a setup for TZP to come in and make this post supporting release of lover info. I still believe that revealing the lover info too early would benefit the wolves more since it makes it more difficult for humans to judge reactions.

Between Raeko and Nakah I still think Raeko is the more human of the two, so I feel comfortable placing a vote for Nakah at the moment. I'm curious to hear more of Nakah's original reads.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

guess who has two thumbs and forgot to type [/url] after the second link in the post

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 08, 2024, 05:55:30 PMNothing else to say about page 4's content so far, so a quick update of my reads:

ThatHiddenCharacter: neutral-leaning wolf
SpecsFlyer17: neutral
Nakah: leaning wolf
Raeko: neutral-leaning human
TheZeldaPianist275: neutral
mastersuperfan: leaning human
Toby: neutral-leaning human

THC's reaction to the Specs vote feels a bit weird based on his reasoning for opposing it, as if he's assuming that everyone else thinks Specs is human too. Could possibly be a lover reaction, but feels more like a wolfy reaction for the time being. If Specs isn't a wolf he could be the human lover of a wolf.

Based on their exchange at the end of page 3 I think TZP/MSF is a possible wolf pair though unlikely. Feels like this post by MSF was a setup for TZP to come in and make this post supporting release of lover info. I still believe that revealing the lover info too early would benefit the wolves more since it makes it more difficult for humans to judge reactions.

Between Raeko and Nakah I still think Raeko is the more human of the two, so I feel comfortable placing a vote for Nakah at the moment. I'm curious to hear more of Nakah's original reads.

Raeko and Nakah...? Did you mean THC and Nakah?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2024, 05:56:57 PMRaeko and Nakah...? Did you mean THC and Nakah?
No. Raeko and Nakah because they both expressed the same/similar opinion about you.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber