TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 07, 2023, 10:10:24 AMTZP had been obvious about PMing N1P2 and so has BDS which I think if they were the CO they wouldn't be vocal about it. Math on the other hand has stayed quiet so I figured it's a likely possibility math is the CO and didn't want to vote that way when N1P2 went Oricorio.

I'm thinking that since we are on day 3 and it could be lynch or lose is it worth revealing the Chosen One to narrow down our process of elimination? By this point wolves have had 3 seers and 3 redirects to figure out who the Chosen one is so it's likely they have it figured out by now. I feel like to not reveal who the Chosen One is would only keep the other humans in the dark?
idk, something about this whole section rubs me the wrong way

Not sure if I really like the CO speculation.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Toby

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 07, 2023, 11:19:34 AMwhat don't you like about it
there is ZERO reason to be speculating about the CO's identity

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

ok next time I'll just vote who I think is most sus despite natural instinct telling me that person is most likely to be a confirmed human

Toby

it also could be lynch of lose now with the wolves having used 6 abilities to help them find the CO in a 7 human game. I wolves likely know who the CO is after tonight

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 07, 2023, 11:33:58 AMok next time I'll just vote who I think is most sus despite natural instinct telling me that person is most likely to be a confirmed human
If the CO was ever in any actual danger of being lynched their identity would 100% be revealed. Strange you don't think otherwise.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

haven't you placed your vote and went to sleep like 6 hours before every day phase. and I have no idea when N1P2 pops in and out but it hasn't been frequent lol

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 06, 2023, 10:57:00 PMYes, seering Math tonight as he's the player I'm most hesitant about. Pretty sure they've either used their redirection already or haven't caught on yet so we'll see if their green "seering" was authentic or just a cover. I feel we've done a pretty good job at throwing them off the scent, if they haven't already seered me (which, again, feel like they definitely would have by now). Be back in the morning, likely after phase end.
Also @Toby the fact the you seem to have missed/deliberately ignored this post (even after both Math and TZP called attention to it) and then proceeded to speculate about the CO's identity strikes me as even more strange, like deliberate avoidance.

The wolfkill is locked in (or at least, it should be unless host stated an actual extension of the phase—Davy merely said the update itself would be late rather than the phase end) but for now that's all I'm gonna say.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

why would should I call attention to your obvious reaction test/ploy to sway the wolves from realising math as the CO

Toby

I mean thats my opinion on it you don't have to respond to that

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2023, 11:22:47 AMthere is ZERO reason to be speculating about the CO's identity

??? Everyone should at least privately be trying to solve the game, BDS, that's not wolfy at all. Given that he waited until the phase had rolled over, I don't find Toby suspicious for this one. I actually think I agree that the Chosen One should claim; if we are in LyLo we need that confirmed slot to frame discussion around lynch, and not just as an "oh I guess this is off-limits" once it looks like he is going to be lynched.

That said, I'm still leaning toward a Toby lynch today. Unless I have REALLY missed something, there's one wolf between Toby and Math, and I think it's more likely to be Toby than Math at this point, given his compatibility with Specs. Also I understand Math's rationale for wanting to keep a seered player alive now, and it makes more sense to me than Toby's rationale for the post of his that I called into question. "I trusted the alliance" only gets you so far here—N1P2 might well have had a good reason for starting an Oricorio lynch, but Toby is an insightful enough player that relying on that rather than calling your own confirmation bias into question once you remembered the green seering seems less than genuine to me.

Toby

N1P2 placed the first vote but I had been calling out Oricorio for the majority of day 2. Oricorio was also my number 1 only solidified by the fact that the alliance also went after him.

I didn't just vote because the alliance went there I think you're forgetting I was looking at him before anyone else was

therealmathguy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 07, 2023, 11:45:12 AM??? Everyone should at least privately be trying to solve the game, BDS, that's not wolfy at all. Given that he waited until the phase had rolled over, I don't find Toby suspicious for this one. I actually think I agree that the Chosen One should claim; if we are in LyLo we need that confirmed slot to frame discussion around lynch, and not just as an "oh I guess this is off-limits" once it looks like he is going to be lynched.
I kinda agree with BDS on this here. Asking CO to claim is not suspicious now as it may be necessary, but continued SPECULATION over the CO is weird because nobody needs to figure it out (except wolves); it'll be revealed when it needs to be